Dear friends,

I proud to present next version of rope making machine (video to come soon):

https://shipworkshop.com/products/tools/vr-31-rope-making-machine

VR 3.1 Rope making machine
(HD adaptable rope making machine. Former Ropewalk "Prosak")

What's new:

• VR = Vertical ropewalk.
  • New version of former ropewalk "Prosak".
  • No need to reassemble for 3- or 4-stranded ropes.
  • Can be secured on both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
  • HD adaptable. Can be transformed into HD (Horizontal Design) machine. Not yet available.
  • There are notches on the machine that will help to mark screw holes for securing the machine.

VR31-Title-1500.thumb.JPG.058be639d301b1e02b2dcdb5c061a728.JPG

Here is user's manual:

VR31.pdf

Edited by Alexey Domanoff
Chenged photo

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, cog said:

How to remove unnecessary attached files to the post???? )

edit the post, and remove the files by clicking the garbage bin on the listed files/images

Thanks, bin icon has not been showed but I've guessed where it should be :-)

Alexey,

The last segment in the video (how to make hooks) was for me wasn't it? ;)

I have the new version and it works well.  After the 1st try failed I held the threads near the weight while they twisted (to avoid them intertwining) and all worked well!

Nice job Alexey.

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

Its great to see that a horizontal version is coming soon. I have been using your older model in a horizontal configuration for a while now and it works great that way.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2018 at 11:56 AM, usedtosail said:

Its great to see that a horizontal version is coming soon. I have been using your older model in a horizontal configuration for a while now and it works great that way.

I'm curious how long a rope you are making horizontally.  With the vertical installation in my shop I'm limited to about 6'; that's more than enough for any one line I've ever needed on a model but is obviously much shorter than what one purchases. (e.g 5m from Alexey or 20ft from Syren).  The main advantage I see to longer lengths is less waste as it is cut for use.

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Doug, with the workbench I have I usually end up with lengths of around 4 feet, which starts with strands of about 4 1/2 feet. I have an extension that I can clamp to the workbench to make 5 foot lengths, but I have rarely needed that length. There is a bit of waste with the 4 foot lengths, but I have used the excess for rope coils or block strops, so very little is thrown away.

Fair enough - thanks for the information.  I won't bother climbing onto the roof to get more height. ;)

Doug

He does make a horizontal machine..  https://shipworkshop.com/products/tools/ropewalk-planetary-3.1    I have the older model which is excellent and also the parts to convert it to the "newer' model for 3 strands and a center one but haven't set that up yet.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)