Miniature Russian carving tools

On 4/5/2021 at 3:49 AM, biltut said:

I just finished using some of these carving tools that I bought from Mihail three years or so ago.  I had misplaced my instructions for sharpening that he supplied and found a need to contact him again for help.  He provided me with a detailed e-mail regarding the sharpening process.  I can only applaud again these tools as they are the best small carving tools I have found.  In this correspondence, he mentioned to me that he still had three sets left for sale at $420.00.  Just wanted to post this as he travels somewhere in the summer and these will not be available again until around October.  If anyone is interested let me know and I will provide his e-mail as we have done in the past.thumbnail?appid=aolwebmail&size=400w

IMG_4887.JPG

Bill Could you please provide me with Mikhail's Email address.

John

Current Build:

Medway Longboat

Completed Builds:

Concord Stagecoach

HM Cutter Cheerful

Royal Caroline

Schooner for Port Jackson

• 6 months later...
On 4/4/2021 at 1:49 PM, biltut said:

He provided me with a detailed e-mail regarding the sharpening process

How does he suggest to sharpen his tools? I’m curious about the gouges in particular. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, EricWilliamMarshall said:

How does he suggest to sharpen his tools? I’m curious about the gouges in particular. Thanks!

He provides full instructions on how to sharpen his chisels when you buy them.  Its not hard to do just a bit different on some of them.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi!  I just this group.  Could someone share the contact information for the supplier of these miniature tools?

I am working my way through reading these posts.  I am a tool junkie!

Thanks,

Patrick

1 hour ago, wefalck said:

anyone with a good tool-grinder could make such tools from round HSS-blanks.

I usually agree with you Eberhard, but on this one, not so much. 😀   The smallest U chisels would be a challenge for 99.5% of anyone trying make these.    These are exquisite chisels that would take someone with lots of experience and time to make a set as well made as Mihail's.    Maybe some member could take up the challenge which would be fantastic.😁

Allan  

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU