Rattlesnake by David Lester - FINISHED - Mamoli - Scale 1:64

Way to go David!  It looks great and you certainly seem to have conquered the rigging.  

You can be justifiably proud of your build.  I know you are pretty humble about your ship building but I can tell you that you set the bar way above where I can reach yet.  My selfish vote for your next build is the Prince de Neufchatel!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

Congratulations David, she truly is a beauty. Whatever your next build is I'll be there to watch.

Merry Christmas and all the best to you and your loved ones.

Job well done!

Current Build: Model Shipways USS Frigate Constitution

Past Builds:    Bob Hunt's kitbash of the Mamoli Rattlesnake

Model Shipways Typical Ship’s Boat for the Rattlesnake

Mini-Mamoli solid hull British Schooner Evergreen
                         Model Airways Albatros D.Va - 1917, The Red Baron's Forgotten Fighter

​Member: Nautical Research Guild

Thank  you everyone for comments and "likes." And Zappto, I agree that the Rattlesnake has beautiful lines; it's a vary lean looking ship and was probably a fast one too.

Thanks again,

David

Current Build - St. Roch, Billing Boats; HMS Agamemnon, Caldercraft (on hold)

Previous Builds - Armed Virginia Sloop, Model Shipways; Constitution, Model Shipways; Rattlesnake, Mamoli; Virginia Privateer, Marine Model Co, restoration; Prince de Neufchatel, Model Shipways; Charles W. Morgan, Model Shipways; Pride of Baltimore II, Model Shipways, Bluenose, Model Shipways (x2); Niagara, Model Shipways; Mayfower, Model Shipways; Shamrock V, Amati; HMS Pegasus, Victory/Amati

Great job Dave. She looks great. It is hard to believe that the box of wood and string can turn into something so beautiful.  It is a true reward to see all your hard work come to a conclusion. Enjoy the holiday and then start off the New Year making some sawdust!

Geoff

NRG member #2666
Current build : USS Constitution

Finished builds: Armed Virginia Sloop (in gallery)

Hi Dave,

Yeah, it's just the display stand that came with the kit and I painted it black. It's a bit unsophisticated, but it holds the model surprisingly securely. The model is not attached; it's just sitting there. I used it throughout most of the build and it presented me with no problems. I kept thinking I would glue it or otherwise affix it at a later time in case I needed the model to be free for some reason, but never actually did it. (I decided not to use the kit supplied sign with its inappropriate western style lettering that would look at home at the OK Corral.) On my Constitution, I drilled the keel and implanted some posts - always wanted to be a dentist:D - which sat inside cherry standards on the stand, but I had a terrible time getting it to sit securely. I kept getting the slots in the cherry standards that the keel sat in too tight or too loose. On the other hand, this simple little stand was very easy and actually works quite well.

David

Current Build - St. Roch, Billing Boats; HMS Agamemnon, Caldercraft (on hold)

Previous Builds - Armed Virginia Sloop, Model Shipways; Constitution, Model Shipways; Rattlesnake, Mamoli; Virginia Privateer, Marine Model Co, restoration; Prince de Neufchatel, Model Shipways; Charles W. Morgan, Model Shipways; Pride of Baltimore II, Model Shipways, Bluenose, Model Shipways (x2); Niagara, Model Shipways; Mayfower, Model Shipways; Shamrock V, Amati; HMS Pegasus, Victory/Amati