H.M.S Trition cross section by Antony - 1/48 scale

Hi Pete.

I have no idea at the moment. Might follow someone's else's list as metal's I can do but wood is a new ball game for me.

A good friend has just offered the use of his workshop and he is a carpenter and a jolly good one. So will ask his advice also.

My local stockist for modeling timber is cornwallmodelboats?co.uk

Looking forward to learning a lot of new skills with this model.

Regards Antony.

Welcome Antony to MSW Triton Cross Section Build.We are a small group but there is a lot of knowledge here.Don't worry about dumb quistions because I have ask them all. :D 

I do like Cornwall They give good service and the prices are good even with the shipping.The wood I got from was great.

Goodby for now  Larry

Hello Anthony. That's a good looking rabbet on the keel piece and I like the contrast between the keel and the false keel. The best of luck to your project.

Edited by Paddy

Welcome aboard Antony!

Good Luck! Did you ask for the timber allready. Maybe your friend has some nice wood in his workshop... and lots of machines to get familiar with. I am willing to have my own workshop with lots of wood, oils, jars, botles and that special smell of a carpenter´s room.

Best wishes!

Daniel.

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Just an update .. Most of my Timber for the build has arrived and is looking good.

post-2328-0-35532300-1368901446_thumb.jpg

From Left to Right    Maple, Sapele, Ash, Lime, Mohogany, and Walnut.

post-2328-0-49572600-1368901735_thumb.jpg

Not starting yet...Need to finish the Victory Cross section Build.

Regards Antony

Hi all.

I would love to start the build right now But the boss will not allow me to take over the conservatory.

Thanks for the comments..The wood colour is important to me as I will not be using any paint on wood items.

And the other reason is I need an thicknesser. Looking at the Axminster CT-356 at the moment.

And a small bench saw. Make and model unknown as yet.

Regards Antony.