Looking for advice, Black Pearl Build - moved by moderator

Hello model ship world!! 

Here is what I want to do. I am looking for a ship kit, that at least resembles the basic shape, amount of masts, etc. of the Black Pearl from the pirates films. I then plan to modify the kit to match the pearl. 

I have been searching for a kit that fits my needs, but as of yet I have not found much. Does anyone have any tips, or better yet a kit suggestion.

Here are some images of the pearl.

:cheers:

post-4230-0-08398200-1368498568.jpg

post-4230-0-65615800-1368498576_thumb.jpg

post-4230-0-71504200-1368498577.jpg

post-4230-0-71357700-1368498578.jpg

-Thomas

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."

"A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder."

Current Builds:

U.S. Brig Syren - Model Shipways

18th Century Longboat  - Model Shipways

Future Builds: 

Armed Virginia Sloop - Model Shipways

Hannah, Ship in a Bottle - Amati

Taurus Steam Towboat - Model Shipways

Mayflower - Model Shipways

18th Century Sea Mortar - Model Shipways

Completed Builds:

HMS Victory Cross Section - Corel

Sir Winston Churchill Sailing Ship - Billings Boats

Naval Smoothbore Deck Cannon - Model Shipways

Hi Thomas,

There is a kit available of the Black Pearl, but it's made by a Chinese company (who I won't name) that is Banned on MSW - they make "pirated' copies of other manufacturer's Kits. Whilst their Black Pearl isn't a pirated copy, we won't allow a Build Log of ANY of their kits here.

More information about this can be found by clicking HERE.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

Hello Thomas,

Have you thought of doing a scratch build?

Tri-Coastal Marine designed three full size ships for Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

Modelshipmaster.com has made the Black Pearl. http://www.modelshipmaster.com/products/pirate/index.htm

It is a scratch-built from official blueprint and drawing.

You can e-mail them for information about those plans if you wish. E-mail to: services@modelshipmaster.com

Good luck,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Hello Thomas

Check out the Occre site occre.com  and look at the Apostol Felipe .I am currently building  that one myself and it has very similar lines, the profile shot looks like the Black Pearl just remove the elevated walkway and change a few of the other exterior decorations and it is pretty close and I have made several small changes to the ship (very easy kit to modify)

Steve

Edited by Canada Steve

current build : Apostol Felipe

past : Mississippi riverboat, Albatross and a few midwest kits

future : Santisima Trinidad

Thank you for the fast reply's. This at least gives me a jumping off point. I have never thought about tackling a custom build, but with the right plans that may be the way to go. 

I'll let you know what I find out about the plans...

-Thomas

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."

Current Builds:

Future Builds: 

Completed Builds:

Hello Thomas

Check out the Occre site occre.com  and look at the Apostol Felipe .I am currently building  that one myself and it has very similar lines, the profile shot looks like the Black Pearl just remove the elevated walkway and change a few of the other exterior decorations and it is pretty close and I have made several small changes to the ship (very easy kit to modify)

Steve

I have built this kit and was thinking exactly the same thing as Canada Steve suggests.

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

The shape of the Apostol Felipe is the perfect shape for a mod build. However it is such a gorgeous ship I would have such a hard time not building it to those specifications haha!! - Still no word on plans. I have found a couple basic pages through my search but not anywhere detailed enough to achieve the quality I am aiming for. 

I also did some research into these banned "companies" that were mentioned. I refuse to finance any companies that scam the legitimate quality companies that we all use.

-Thomas

Current Builds:

Future Builds: 

Completed Builds:

Hello:

Has few days I finish building the Black Pearl with a modeler Japanese plans.

You can find them in:

LINK REMOVED

by clicking on the image of the boat.

Also available are the planes Flying Dutchman, I'm starting now.

Planes are of good quality and the process is very well explained on the website.

Fernius

While researching the corsair I am currently building I saw a few references to people who used it for the black pearl. I believe there was a limited run win with black sails. I am not sure where to look as when I decided on the corsair it seems some companies are no longer gonna carry it. But do check into it :)

David     :pirate41:

First Build: Corsair Brigantine

Belco et al,

The Black Pearl being Disney's intellectual property, any plans or kits of her must be properly licensed.  Since the linked plans in a previous post were hosted at a Japanese-language site, MSW staff cannot assess the legitimacy of those plans, thus the link has been removed.

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix

I apologize if my post was able to create some inconvenience.

The plans are designed by the author of the web and somehow have them registered, and authorizing the construction of the model while it is not for commercial purposes.

Fernius

• 2 years later...

I'm also looking to do a scratch built of the Black Pearl....... I just recently contacted Modelshipmaster.com about purchasing the blueprints and was told they don't sell them, told me to do a google search and I'll find them. The only thing I have found are low res of them.

Does anyone have a lead on high quality prints of this ship?

Neal DeConte

Rhode Island

COMPLETED: 35" Orca Boat movie replica, first wooden/scratch built boat