Revell Fokker Dr 1 1:28 scale by Popeye the Sailor - finished

46 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Film Lost Boys  in Grandads  house

I have never seen the movie so can't comment, but we had all of our boys together for a birthday party the other day and the subject came up. It turns out that all four, Two Sons and two grandsons are either slightly freaked out by the dolls or just don't like them at all. I think they may have hurt her feelings slightly. 

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

never seen it........however I do have a copy of The Lost Boys.   this is a movie about vampires.......is that what your reference is about?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

36 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

never seen it........however I do have a copy of The Lost Boys.   this is a movie about vampires.......is that what your reference is about?

Indeed Denis,  its an 80s cult film  yep about vampires,   there is a families grandad  who has a house full of  stuffed animals  - its looks kind of freaky, that why I comented on it  (just reminded me of it).

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Christmas is drawing to a close.......all the festivities are over.........we can breathe now  ;)    I must be dreaming.........I got six kits!

1:48 DML Fokker D VII - Rabin's Ravens

1:48 DML Fokker Dr 1 - Ltn. Kempf's plane

......a small mix up with the D VII's....one was supposed to be a Dr 1 - Rabin's Ravens,  but when the order was placed,  it had been sold :(   there is a silver lining here...I can order a decal sheet from Pheon Decals   PheonDecals.com - Home page     and do them all in the Rabin's markings.   I did a Fokker D VII in 1:28 scale a while ago......came out rather well

1869013973_1.jpg.dff567f033781037e57e08e84bce53e6.jpg

1184294758_3.jpg.066e52b91f486a5e233549c99c649874.jpg

I got this one......1:50 ARII Supur Patton tank.  the interesting feature about this one,  is that it's motorized.....comes with a remote control that also needs assembly.  I was a bit surprised by it's size.....it's not a really large model.......but it should be fun.   it come with the motor and everything to make it work,  except the batteries  ;) 

I also got an MPC 'Profile Series' kit of a 1:72 B 25........looks to be an airfix rebox from back in the '70's.   the box has some wear,  and quite a few parts are off the sprues,  but the bag is sealed so everything should be there.

for boats,  I got two.......I was hoping for the Japanese carrier Akagi,  but instead,  I got the battleship U.S.S. Missouri by Hasegawa in 1:450 scale.  it's a nice kit and can be motorized,  but the motor isn't included......it includes the hardware though,  so the prospects are good if I choose to do it.

the big one is the Billing Boats U.S. Coast Guard life boat in 1:20 scale.  this kit has everything to make it R/C,  except the servos :)  so,  this might be an advantageous project for the future :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

yep it was near the end of the movie........they met dear 'ole dad  :D 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Quite the haul, Denis. Santa was good to you.👍

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

4 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

Christmas is drawing to a close.......all the festivities are over.........we can breathe now  ;)    I must be dreaming.........I got six kits!

1:48 DML Fokker Dr 1 - Ltn. Kempf's plane

......a small mix up with the D VII's....one was supposed to be a Dr 1 - Rabin's Ravens,  but when the order was placed,  it had been sold :(   there is a silver lining here...I can order a decal sheet from Pheon Decals   PheonDecals.com - Home page     and do them all in the Rabin's markings.   I did a Fokker D VII in 1:28 scale a while ago......came out rather well

1869013973_1.jpg.dff567f033781037e57e08e84bce53e6.jpg

1184294758_3.jpg.066e52b91f486a5e233549c99c649874.jpg

I got this one......1:50 ARII Supur Patton tank.  the interesting feature about this one,  is that it's motorized.....comes with a remote control that also needs assembly.  I was a bit surprised by it's size.....it's not a really large model.......but it should be fun.   it come with the motor and everything to make it work,  except the batteries  ;) 

I also got an MPC 'Profile Series' kit of a 1:72 B 25........looks to be an airfix rebox from back in the '70's.   the box has some wear,  and quite a few parts are off the sprues,  but the bag is sealed so everything should be there.

for boats,  I got two.......I was hoping for the Japanese carrier Akagi,  but instead,  I got the battleship U.S.S. Missouri by Hasegawa in 1:450 scale.  it's a nice kit and can be motorized,  but the motor isn't included......it includes the hardware though,  so the prospects are good if I choose to do it.

the big one is the Billing Boats U.S. Coast Guard life boat in 1:20 scale.  this kit has everything to make it R/C,  except the servos :)  so,  this might be an advantageous project for the future :) 

Some nice stuff there denis, should keep you - (us  watching)  for a long time.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

thanks gents :)    the Missouri instruction are in Japanese.......trying to find a U.S. copy.   so far no dice ;)    gonna clear out a few projects first......show I'm making an effort ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Quite the Haul Denis

Now you can do two Missouri class builds, the Missouri and the New Jersey. That should be enough guns to keep you happy for a while. :blink:

Years ago I helped a friend build the 1/16th Dumas 44' lifeboat and it turned out to be a pretty good performer. Even took it out into real surf once! even though the breakers were only about 6-8" high on the beach we went to. If you do RC it you should find it to be a pretty stable boat. Have you looked at the RNLI colors for this boat? You may like them better than the USCG colors.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Nice haul Denis, you must have been a good boy this year!

I love that red and white scheme - I have one of the Wingnut kits with decals for that scheme (I think the Pfalz D.IIIa)  and have been eyeing that scheme for it.  Really sweet looking!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

they had some of those planes in the squadron........there is only one Dr 1 shown though.   the DML kits are nice........they come with two small sheets of PE and the parts are really detailed.......produced in the early 90's.  the boxes are pristine,  so these kits were stored well.   the MPC kit has some wear....I had to tape up part of the box........quite a few parts are off the sprues.  the bag was sealed,  so I know the kit is complete.  more on it when I get to it  ;) 

yes Lou.......the Missouri is nice......really good shape,  box and all.  there is still one of my presents that is still out there though......when the admiral told me about it,  I didn't want to know what it was.  today was spent undecorating  the house........during the day she asked me again.   I had the IJN Akagi on my list.......she got me the Shokaku instead.  I'm not disappointed.....they are both aircraft carriers  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: