HMS Victory by James H - Amati - 1:64

• 8 months later...

I would suggest that the Moderators clean up the last pages of this thread with all the "when is the next update?", "any news?"-discussions. I know everyone WANTS to hear news but asking about it doesnt make it faster... Considering how active Jim is on this forum, I am sure we will be the first to know when there are any news. It is kind of clear that this kit has been delayed until further notice.    

Current builds: HMS Victory (Corel 1:98), HMS Snake (Caldercraft 1:64), HMBV Granado (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Diana (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Speedy (Vanguard Models 1:64) 

22 hours ago, James H said:

...As for an over-budget project, then that can't be any further from the truth. The money for this project's development was spent a decade ago with the initial prototype design and build. This is simply a follow up to ready the kit for release with new instructions. Amati's release schedule changed after the pandemic ravaged Italy and temporarily closed their operations. It's more important to them at the moment to work on things that can be released more quickly than the year to 18 months it will take me to do this for them. 

Please, no wild, inaccurate and scurrilous claims please. You're posting on a public forum. 

I apologize for annoying you with a casual remark, but it is often the case in any large scale project (a road; a bridge; a film etc) that is mystifyingly delayed that the reason is that the money isn't in place and everyone is waiting for a thumbs up from the decision maker. That's all. Not scurrilous just normal.

Having now looked through this thread I can see how annoying this whole thing is for you.

That said if you still have 12-18 months to run on this when you resume then everyone is jumping the gun by a couple of years and should leave you alone I think.

5 hours ago, Vane said:

I would suggest that the Moderators clean up the last pages of this thread with all the "when is the next update?", "any news?"-discussions. I know everyone WANTS to hear news but asking about it doesnt make it faster... Considering how active Jim is on this forum, I am sure we will be the first to know when there are any news. It is kind of clear that this kit has been delayed until further notice.    

Ok, this topic has been pruned of around 30 posts that were asking status, and those trying to explain things. 

When I have news on this project, then here is where I'll post it. If there is no post, then I have no news, so please don't keep enquiring. ;)