Model Shipways USS Constitution Cross Section

Jorge Hedges

Hello All!

Anyone here has built or is building a Model Shipways USS Constitution cross section kit?  If so, anyone has a link to the build log and what is your opinion?

I searched, but I cant find anything related to this particular cross section; I do seee the Mamoli, but not the MOdel Shipways version.

Thanks!

Jorge

The only cross section of Constitution I am aware of is from Mamoli.

You should be able to find several build logs.

See if this search link works for you:

Click Here

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

14 hours ago, Gregory said:

The only cross section of Constitution I am aware of is from Mamoli.

You should be able to find several build logs.

See if this search link works for you:

Click Here

Yes, it is sort of newish, and supposed to be a good one...  that might be the reason it is not here yet then.

Link to kit:  Model Shipways USS Constitution Cross-Section 1797 Wood Model - 1:76 Scale (modelexpo-online.com)

Link to instructions:  https://modelexpo-online.com/assets/images/documents/MS2045 USS Constitution Cross Section Assembly Instructions_OLD.pdf (modelexpo-online.com)

I'll see if I post some pics of the kit when it arrives...  I have just ordered one, and was wondering if anyone had already started or reviwed one.

Thanks!

Jorge

Nice video, but do you have one about the Model Shipways USS Constitution Cross-Section..  😁

Edited by Gregory

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

7 hours ago, Jorge Hedges said:

Not sure what you mean...  My post is about the Model Shipways USS Constitution cross section...  you shared one about the Victory.

Thanks anyways; might be a good watch!

Jorge

Sorry. My /extremely/ bad. Guess I read "cross section" and slipped a gear.

9 hours ago, rraisley said:

Sorry. My /extremely/ bad. Guess I read "cross section" and slipped a gear.

Appreciated the link...  watch a number of videos from the series last night, so it might work for any cross section, technique-wise speaking.

Good Stuff!

:)

Edited by Jorge Hedges

Yes, it is sort of newish, and supposed to be a good one...  that might be the reason it is not here yet then.

Link to kit:  Model Shipways USS Constitution Cross-Section 1797 Wood Model - 1:76 Scale (modelexpo-online.com)

Link to instructions:  https://modelexpo-online.com/assets/images/documents/MS2045 USS Constitution Cross Section Assembly Instructions_OLD.pdf (modelexpo-online.com)

I'll see if I post some pics of the kit when it arrives...  I have just ordered one, and was wondering if anyone had already started or reviwed one.

I just took a look at the Model Shipways USS Constitution Cross Section instruction booklet that is downloadable. This was written by Ken Foran, a superb master model builder. Take a look at his build log of his full Model Shipways build. This photo illustrated instruction booklet has great detail and a lot can be applied to the full version of the model. I wish he had written one for the full version as well. Now that I know this instruction booklet exists, I’ll be using many of the techniques  show there on my build of the full ship.

Current Build: Model Shipways USS Frigate Constitution

Past Builds:    Bob Hunt's kitbash of the Mamoli Rattlesnake

Model Shipways Typical Ship’s Boat for the Rattlesnake

Mini-Mamoli solid hull British Schooner Evergreen
                         Model Airways Albatros D.Va - 1917, The Red Baron's Forgotten Fighter

​Member: Nautical Research Guild

• 1 month later...

If anyone's interested, I'm 2 or 3 weeks into my build of this kit, and just posted the first installment of my log:

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/28310-uss-constitution-cross-section-by-tomculb-model-shipways-1768/ 

Following along will take some patience; builds go pretty slowly for me.

Tom

________________________________________________________________________________________

Current build::    Shackleton's Endurance -- OcCre  

Completed:    

USS Constitution cross section  -- Model Shipways         Peterboro Canoe -- Midwest Models             Bluenose -- Artesania Latina

Joshua Slocumb’s Spray -- BlueJacket                                J Boat Endeavor -- Amati                                 Other     Wright Flyer -- Model Airways

Yacht America -- Model Shipways                                         Brig Niagara -- Model Shipways                                     Sopwith Camel -- Hasegawa