Hello from North Yorkshire (returning to MSW after years adrift!)

AJohnson

Hello All, 

My names Andrew and I am a returning member from years ago!  I've been lurking about a few weeks seeing what's going on and thought I better introduce myself.  I've been a life long model maker and painter, but got my first wood ship kit in 2007 - Caldercraft's "Sherbourne" and did a build log on MSW 1.0; reading through some posts there was something called the "great crash of 2013?" that a vaguely recall, but I was an inactive member by then.  Anyway after building the Sherbourne I then rashly decide that my next model would be Caldercraft's "Bounty" and had started another build log in 2010, but I found it hard work and gave up in 2011!

So fast forward 10 years and I have dusted off the "Bounty" and started it again after all these years and am really enjoying it and made more progress in the last few months than I have for years.  But realise I am in need of guidance, as I was in the past, so here I am again - hopefully for the long haul.  I am determined to complete the Bounty and hidden away I also have Caldercraft's "Snake" and "Endeavour" patiently waiting their turn!

Looking forward to getting involved once more :)

Andrew

Welcome back, Prodigal Son! There is a wealth of knowledge on this site upon which to draw when you need it.  No fatted calf, though, I'm afraid.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

29 minutes ago, druxey said:

Welcome back, Prodigal Son! There is a wealth of knowledge on this site upon which to draw when you need it.  No fatted calf, though, I'm afraid.

Thank you! 👋  good to be back, I've been hunting out some Bounty build logs to help me with mine.

Andrew, welcome back. I hope you'll start up a new build log on the Bounty and catch us up. Wishing you the very best on your renewed modeling interest and efforts.........KB

Current Builds: 1880s Floating Steam Donkey Pile Driver 

Wood Hull Screw Frigate USS Tennessee

Decorative Carrack Warship Restoration, the Amelia

Completed: Early Swift 1805 Model Restoration

43 minutes ago, Keith Black said:

Andrew, welcome back. I hope you'll start up a new build log on the Bounty and catch us up. Wishing you the very best on your renewed modeling interest and efforts.........KB

Thanks Keith for the welcome, I have found some pictures of my Bounty from 2010-11 when I started my last log, I will start a new log and bring up to date to where she is now. 👍

25 minutes ago, James H said:

Nice to have you back with us!

What kept you? 😆

😂 I know, blink and ten years whizz  past! The usual lame excuses, kids, moving house and work.... 🤭

Welcome back home to MSW, Andrew.   By all means open a log and jump in.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...