Greetings From Beaverton, Oregon

datadiscovery

Not new to ship modeling but new to the NRG. Started on plastic ships and planes when I was a kid and the desire stuck with me. Began wooden ship modeling in my early 20's but never enough time to do much with it. I am now fully retired with some time to work seriously on my hobby. Was accustomed to solid hulls until I met the MS Chas. W. Morgan. What an eye-opener! I love this site, especially the build logs. They give me something to aspire to. Almost done with the Morgan, then on to the A L Endeavor and then USF Confederacy.  Can't get enough of the logs. What an engaging, informative learning experience!

Pete

Pete

Current Build: Charles W. Morgan - Model Expo

Completed Builds: Santa Maria, Cutty Sark, HMS Bounty - Marine Model Co.                                                          

On The Shelf: Flying Fish, HMS Endeavor, USF Confederacy

Welcome to MSW, Pete from southern Oregon.  I will encourage you to start a build log as it's a great way to meet other builders and get help.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello Pete, 

Warm welcome to us.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Welcome, Pete.  If you are a member of the NRG, in addition to MSW, let one of the mods know so you can have the logo added to your name.  

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Pete, welcome to MSW. As Mark said, please start a build log where we can follow along. 

• 1 month later...