Grumman F7F-2N2 Tigercat by Javlin - FINISHED - AMT CC:1995 - 1/48

This is not one of my better efforts painting wise but she now rest in the cabinet after 3X attempts over the last 10/15 years.The LG installment was a PIA for one I usually refrain from using liquid mask but I digress  just made me  want to finish it and put it Away!!The fit of the kit was really great till you get to the gear it went downhill after that to were I really started losing interest...It is what it is!;)

The Ki-9=1/48

F7-7 Tiger 001.JPG

F7-7 Tiger 002.JPG

F7-7 Tiger 003.JPG

F7-7 Tiger 004.JPG

F7-7 Tiger 005.JPG

F7-7 Tiger 006.JPG

On 4/21/2023 at 11:32 AM, CDW said:

I tried building one a LONG time ago and ran into problems with it

I hear ya Craig I tried 3X on this one over the years and said this time it gets finished.The kit it not very exciting it's to have an example of the plane in the cabinet.I still need/forgot to apply the lens cover on the wing edge and under the wing found them doing the 110 ;)

Edited by Javlin

30 minutes ago, Javlin said:

I hear ya Craig I tried 3X on this one over the years and said this time it gets finished.The kit it not very exciting it's to have an example of the plane in the cabinet.I still need/forgot to apply the lens cover on the wing edge and under the wing found them doing the 110 ;)

I noticed that they make aftermarket engines, metal landing gear and wheel well doors for the model. Seems I recall having to add weight to the nose that caused my landing gear to be fragile. Also there was something weird about the engines. Probably needs better decals and interior help, too. Still it’s the only game in town for this model in 1:48. surprised a mainstream company hasn’t done a new one.

Back in the day when I built it, the landing gear were the main issue with it they kept breaking from the weight required to get it to sit on it's gear...

I did it in NSB representing a plane off the Lexington... My resolution was to scratch the gear in metal....

Overall it was a pretty boring build, interesting aircraft just not enough to keep the interest going... Took two years to finally complete it...

I wound up giving it to a friend who really liked it....

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"