Looking for Assistance Completing Model

My father unexpectedly passed away late last year. He was working on a Model Shipways wood model of the USS Constitution, maybe 70-80% complete (photos below). Complications from his condition led to him accidentally dropping it, damaging the prow. So, the model (in Dallas, Texas) needs some repair in addition to overall completion.  

I don’t have the ability to take on this repair/completion project, but was hoping to find someone who might be willing to do so. The project, as you might imagine, is a sentimental one. I’d like to see the model completed in his memory. Any leads would be much appreciated, and I’m happy to visit to offer more information, discuss, etc. Thanks for your time. 

IMG_4176.thumb.jpeg.5b8b3908b3b16123e35a149e56b83031.jpegIMG_4177.thumb.jpeg.60450bd99bab075e8ff54833b47e26b4.jpegIMG_4178.thumb.jpeg.9aa625f36815e74caaa3e6ea4acea29a.jpegIMG_4179.thumb.jpeg.96892c71c60b85c7f11ac112db4495f7.jpeg

IMG_4175.thumb.jpeg.255e9ec649246235ba9481b875a9ff19.jpeg

Hi, Robert. First, allow me to offer my condolences on the loss of your father. It's a commendable desire to have his model completed in his memory. It's a bit daunting that the model requires essentially all of its rigging work done, as that is no easy task. Another option to consider is to display your father's model as a hull model, which as the name suggests is simply the hull of a vessel sans masts and rigging. Finishing your father's model in that fashion would entail considerably less work. Hull models often include stump masts, essentially just the lower portion of each mast. Your father made the masts already, so that would be a straightforward fix. I'll add some links to hull models in the gallery so you can see what I've described.

https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2836-enterprize-1774/

https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2824-hms-winchelsea-finished-1764-by-baribeaujm/

https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2736-hms-fly-1776-by-ccoyle/

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2, Speeljacht

Robert, firstly, condolences to you and your family for the passing of your father. Secondly, welcome to MSW. Hopefully you find someone to repair and finish your dad's USS Constitution. He did fine work and it's a grand thing that you want to hang on to it. My best wishes to you and yours. 

I'm sorry to hear about your father, Robert.  I do believe Chris has some solid advice and it's worth thinking about.   I hope there's a solution to this near your location.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I´m sorry for your loss Robert, I wish you and your family all the best and the strength to go through this. Unfortunately I live too far away to be of any help but I hope there is someone on here that might be able to help. I would suggest to talk to the mods or admins, maybe they have a good solution. I think Chris solution would be also a good way to consider since this would be an easier fix that even you might be able to do yourself.

Micha

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Build:

"Roar Ege" by Billing Boats - 1:25

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a