Agreed! but that shop wouldn't stand a chance in -30C single pane windows , no insulation in single plank walls, judging by the T shirt must be somewhere warm or summer ;>)

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Agreed! but that shop wouldn't stand a chance in -30C single pane windows , no insulation in single plank walls, judging by the T shirt must be somewhere warm or summer ;>)

Michael

Yeah, gotta agree there, definitely not enough insulation and I can't see any air con unit, he would have fried today, 39C.

Mark D

Some very nice gear.I have to echo what others have said though,it is almost one of those 'what is wrong with this' pictures.Mill isn't bolted down,and some serious security issues.Definately Christmas for the budding thief.I live in the UK,but still have double glazing and insulation in the workshop.

Kind Regards Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Hi.

Yes a nice setup.

Axminister is a OK brand and I have used there equipment in a professional mode.

Nice to see you wearing wraparound safety glasses.

I have all my machines except the Proxxon mill in my shed.

Have insulated the walls and have a heater to keep out the English damp weather.

I have got to agree with Nigel.. The mill should be bolted down.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

I think it's likely shot in one of their shops, they tend to have large open "warehouse" areas where the machine tools are displayed. Certainly large enough to erect a shed and wheel the tools in.

I'm right down the bottom now Nigel so don't expect it to get any further down the mercury than minus 1 or 2 in the winter!

I guess the point is to show off the nice tools. I've been a modeler pretty much all my life but have never had occasion to use a mill,and only rarely a lathe. Mostly because I don't have the skills for them. I often dream of scratching a locomotive or a steam engine for a boat model but never seem to get around to it. Two other things in life I sorta regret is never leaning to play an instrument and never learning computer drafting and art. However I'm pretty good at oing my own track work, carving fancy work on ships and painting my own backdrops on my RR layout. Anyways, the photos make me suffer from tool envy. Bill, in Idaho,where you definetly need an insulated , secure shop.

Bill, in Idaho

Completed Mamoli Halifax and Billings Viking ship in 2015

Next  Model Shipways Syren

• 2 weeks later...

And the tray drawer in the back should have some 'stuff' inside.

What is he doing, any way?

Jay

Current build Cross Section USS Constitution  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10120-cross-section-forward-area-of-the-uss-constitution/

Finished USS Constitution:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/103-uss-constitution-by-modeler12/

'A picture is worth a  . . . . .'      More is better . . . .

And the tray drawer in the back should have some 'stuff' inside.

What is he doing, any way?

Obviously he's posing for the photo... :rolleyes:   <ahem>  I'll get me coat now. :D

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)