Bismarck by bcso7 - Trumpeter - 1/200 - PLASTIC

I'm starting a build log on the Trumpeter 1/200 scale Bismarck. This is my first time posting on here so please be patient with this newbie. I previously built the 1/200 Arizona and thought I did a decent job. So when the Bismarck was released it was a no brained. I have the upgrade set, Eduard central area, and white ensign superstructure railing. I'm not trying to make a 100% museum piece, just wanting to make a great model of a ship I have obsessed about since a child (I'm 42 now) I will update when I can because I work 2 jobs so please be patient and I greatly appreciate any and all advice

Hi bsco,

Welcome.  We're pretty friendly around here so you'll get all the patience and advice you want.  We'll be looking forward to seeing your build develop.

Colin

--

Current Builds: HMS Pandora 1/64 Scratch

Jeannie Johnston;

18thC Longboat with my son

Previous Builds: HMB Bounty - Caldercraft

Running Round my head: HMS Speedy (1782) - vaguely thinking POF

"If at first you don't succeed, try it your wifes' way"

Thanks for starting a log. Do a search for Kevin log of the same ship, if you need any help you can follow what he has done and he will always help you if you have any questions, he's good people and is well known here on MSW. Welcome aboard.

Wacko

Joe :D

Go MSW :) :)

HI bcso7,

Great another Bismarck to follow.

Looking forward to more.

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

Man you are on a roll, I understand about not being able to take the time for your hobby all too well but there are quite a few of us that will be waiting for updates when you have time to sit and enjoy yourself with this build. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Modeling,

Marty G.

sorry i have just found your log, i have been slightly distracted for the last couple of months, and missed lots of things and logs, I have put mine to one side for a while - whilst i get back on with the Victory, which in reality is my favourite, you have really done a lot of work on her, did you quess where the waterline goes,as it is not quite as easy to work out as i thought it would be, any way i will continue to follow

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Thanks Kevin, your Victory is a true piece of art WOW!  I just had to guess on the waterline and I think I'm close but not 100% The wood deck adds a great touch that after it is slightly weathered should look good. I got the last of my PE, it is for the catapult and has 65 crewman with it. Will post more pics soon.