HMAT Supply by Kiwiron - FINISHED - Caldercraft 1/64

Popeye you obviously have winter at the wrong time of year.Who has heard of snow for xmas,thats ridiculous.We have got it right down here,ha ha.Tom you're right there i saw dan vads AL supply kit and Franks Jotika the Jotika looked like better cast parts.Jotika need someone to build it from their instructions and fix up the text and fix the mistakes in them.If it was'nt for Franks photo's i would'nt be able to work it out and probably leave it half done.

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

You're right Tom i would'nt have a clue if it is accurate or not as long as it looks ok and it does'nt get knocked of the shelf and break.

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Ron - you are moving along really well - all looking very good.

Completed: HM Brig Supply - JoKita / Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Fly - Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Sherborne - Caldercraft 1:64

HM Brig Flirt - Vanguard 1:64

Thanks Ron - The site having changed / crashed etc + one or two other things have taken the 'wind out of my sails' but have been looking in now and again and enjoying your build and it's my turn now to copy you :)

Have managed to get back into doing my build - will post some pictures soon.

Keep up your good work

Regards

Doug

Ron - you are going to have to tell me as I would not know what I'd be looking at - unless you can point me in the direction of someone who has shown what's what.

Thanks for help.

Doug

No worries Doug i'll put the details here after work.It's only by looking at a later rigging sheet plan i saw a discrepancy.It's the bowsprit yard.

Edited by kiwiron

Ron - would I be right in noticing the blocks change size for the bowsprit from sheet to sheet ?

Hi Doug,ok now i've got the sheets beside me.You're right,on the spiritsail yard they have the blocks on the outside as J's they should be H's,(single 3 mm blocks) as in sheet #5 and in the centre there should be 2 x J's not one.For the direction the blocks face on the yards look at later sheets to see which direction the rigging comes into the block from and where it goes after the block. The 4 blocks on the spiritsail its self face forward. On the bowsprit it's not clear how many O 5mm deadeyes you should use.It should be 3 one thread goes to port,one to starboard and one to the stem.Hope this helps,surely they should have checked these instructions before releasing the kit.The spiritsail yard is the 3rd one down in the photo.Ron.Good luck.

post-837-0-79065100-1371248197_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-35992400-1371248243_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much, Ron, for showing me what to look out for. On the bowsprit I have already the 3 deadeyes so at some stage I must have by luck got it right......but on the yard I have only one block in the middle and will make sure to get the right size of blocks for the rest of the yard as I am just about to come to that point . On checking the plans (6 of 6) I see only one block required in the middle. Maybe I have still not understood...... Photos soon I hope.....

Doug

Edited by Dfell

Hi Doug for the bowsprit it was only by doing a trial fit of the spirit yard  that i could see one block won't work because thats where you fit it to the bowsprit.I was putting a hole in the center for a 1mm brass rod for later attachment.On the bowsprit as well you have 2 blocks one each side for the center 2 blocks of  the sprit yard.

Time doesn't matter.  Looking fine!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

ohhhhh!  I am in envy!   you have shrouds and futtocks!   looking great,  my friend!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks,just hanging the rope for the upper shrouds deadeyes.Just finnished doing some odd rigging off the mast while i can get to them easily.It was good to get the futtocks done putting some more tension on the shrouds to make the rats easier.

Yup, that looks familiar.  You work for months keeping things nice and neat and suddenly you have loose lines hanging all over.  Get used to it ----it all comes together.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Hi Ron....... the rigging is looking real good.... glad to see you have your futtock shrouds attached and the stave attached correctly :P

I messed mine up on my foremast :( .... Don't go too fast now, I don't want you to finish before I do :D  :D  :D !! 

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Thanks men,the top deadeyes are too far apart but in 100 years who will know,they are tensioned up now.Frank not much chance of me finishing first.Looking forward to the ratlines,at the moment anyway.Hope i've got some spare 3.5mm deadeyes,where did that last one end up?

looking good ron..........  I can't wait till I get to run some shroud lines.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Top shrouds done now to make a template for the ratlines and get into it.Looking forward to it after going cross eyed trying to thread 3.5 mm deadeyes.

post-837-0-62675600-1372969391_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-17980600-1372969393_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-55560200-1372969394_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-24314300-1372969396_thumb.jpg

Deadeyes are nice and even.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

nice work Ron.........looks real good!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good job Ron.... everything looks  ready for  the ratlines.... Have Fun!!!!! :D  :D

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Looks great, Ron.  If and when you run out of things to do on this one, there's always the next one.  ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)