The Black Pearl steve-h - Hatchttepartworks week by week

Hi Steve, my next-door neighbour is building this and is at the same stage as you are.

I was amazed at the solidness of the kits construction!  I'll follow along if you don't mind

Wish you Luck

Eamonn

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

and at last my build board :D.I forgot to add only the bow section is glued,I have tried everything to try and unglue it but it is refusing to budge :angry:.I am awaiting the rest of the hull sections ,and keel strengthening parts before I glue any thing else. :cheers:

regards steve-h

post-10522-0-35212400-1392498756_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve-h

Hello Steve.

This was talked about here -: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/5193-ship-model-commercial/

I have orderd the magazine and awaiting its delivery.

Looks interesting and quite large.

I've got my glasses on and awaiting your build with the intension of learning by your expearance.

Regards Anony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

Hello Eamonn  QA Revenge and spear thank you for your kind comments the pearl's Length is 80cm height 69.5cm and width is 31.5cm all sizes are approximate.its is MDF cut by a laser and I am a member of partworksmodels  and model space forum's both of which have Black Peal builds in a different stages of  progress. The Black pearl was first released in Russia and then Germany I believe.

Regards steve-h

Edited by steve-h

Hiya Steve...fancy seeing you here lol.

I'm collecting this at the moment, as I am still in two minds about the series, but should I commit to it I will collect until complete before beginning the build.

I've already had to email Hachette about the figurehead with issue #2, as the wing on the dove was broken. Credit to them they got back to me within a few days and said they would send a replacement, but not yet as issue #2 is currently out of stock :(

The MDF is putting me off I'll admit...it can be a swine to work with at this scale.

------------------------------------

Regards,

Dominic

Current Build: HMAV Bounty by Caldercraft 1:64

Wow thanks Steve, yeh that would be great as I don't yet have much confidence in Hachette, not had much experience with them.

Drop me a PM and we'll sort something out, of course I'd be happy to cover postage.

Thanks

Regards,

Dominic

Hi Steve.

The MDF... What thickness are they using ?

I have cleared the space in the spare bedroom and getting everything ready for the start.

Did not know DeAGOSTONI did the Pearl. Can't find the link. Any chance of the link please.

Many thanks Antony.

Completed Mayflower

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Hiya Anthony, it's not a DeAg partwork, it's from Hachette.

http://www.hachettepartworks.com/blackpearl/

QA, as a rule you can't get a partwork faster with the exception of some of DeAg's Modelspace items, where you can select different subscription terms. The price shouldn't change but you will have additional charges as they automitcally send out binders when they are due.

Edited by fifthace

Regards,

Dominic

As from my knowledge, this ship is provided by Amati and I think Chris Watton has smth to do with it :)

About Hachette: they sold in my country a 140 serie magazines for 1:200 Bismarck (also an Amati kit). It ran quite OK, with a few chocks on the local distributors but it ended all right. If they would sell the BP in my country, I would definitely buy it.

Alex.

Current build: Constructo's Union, 1:100 Brigantine

Hi Donanic.

That's what I thought but the post below says that Deagostini also do the Pearl.

Hi all if you would like to see a build of the pearl further along on the forum DeAGOSTONI Modelspace  dergohfelder's  Black Pearl he has been making it since December 2012. :pirate41:

regards steve

I have orderd the Hatchttepartworks mags.

And Yes Chris Watton did the designing.

Regards Antony.

Completed Mayflower

Hi ZyXuz Antony QA Revenge and moflea and I am sorry to confuse you Antony, :D I meant for you to look at derGohfelder's  build, on that site "other ships build "like Dominic posted.it is an Amati  kit released by Hatchettepartworks. :cheers: Moflea the The Black Pearl has been out in Russia I do believe they had it first I could be wrong though.

I do believe Chris Watton  designed the model ship, I remember reading somewhere on this forum the other day,cant remember where I read it.

I will Pm you Dominic just a bit cream crackered had twin granddaughters over again today :D.

Regards Steve-h

Edited by steve-h

and at last my build board :D.I forgot to add only the bow section is glued,I have tried everything to try and unglue it but it is refusing to budge :angry:.I am awaiting the rest of the hull sections ,and keel strengthening parts before I glue any thing else. :cheers:

regards steve-h

Steve,

Depending on the type of glue, you have some options...

For PVA - use isopropyl alcohol.. at least 75% or higher.

For CA - use acetone.

For Epoxy - a lot of cutting with a knife and invectives.

Do test first on a piece of MDF to ensure that it doesn't destroy the MDF.

Hope this helps.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Mark I ordered some Isopropyl and it arrived last week, I have just not had the time to try it out as of yet. I am just a little concerned with the first Bulkhead it is not quite a true 45 only out a little  bit out  it must have moved as the glue dried. :(

Regards steve