flying_dutchman2

FREE Card Model Links

Here are 2 sites I have had in my favorite folder. (you may already know about these).

http://www.cardfaq.org/faq/freeb.html

http://www.paper-replika.com/ (dead link)

The only card model I have ever done was a clock kit that was from a Canadian manufacturer. It worked but it was slow. Meaning it lost 5 minutes every day.

Marc

Canon Creative park has several FREE paper model projects including some tall ships. They're not near as detailed as the Polish kits and rather toylike, but fun to build. Maybe a project to do with the kids/grandkids? Here's a link to Canon's Cutty Sark from the website:

http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/2027/cuttysark/index.html

I haven't been at the cardfaq page in years, but at that time it had a lot of dead links. I wonder if that is still the case?

I haven't been at the cardfaq page in years, but at that time it had a lot of dead links. I wonder if that is still the case?

Bob,

That's been the case for years now. The gentleman who originally maintained the card modeling FAQ passed away, and that site has not been updated since then.

Here is a link to Paper Shipwright, who have free downloads. And another from them of HMVS Cerberus, which was my first card model. Turned out fairly well. It comes in a printed version, which costs GBP 8.50, or a free download which you can print out yourself.

Danny

Speaking of Paper Shipwright, I see that David has revamped his web site. It is much improved in both look and function. AND (best part) he has increased the number of free models!

That website (Paper Shipwright) has a model of CGS Canada, and it's at a reasonable scale. I am putting some serious thoughts into buying the paper kit and adapting it into a plank on bulkhead/mixed media model because I have always loved the lines of that vessel and she's so delightfully obscure.

9 hours ago, Tector said:

That website (Paper Shipwright) has a model of CGS Canada

That model was part of my recent Christmas haul.