Tris models Italy

grsjax

It was a Company that made wood ship model kit probably in the late sixties and seventies years.

So consider that the level of the kit can be disappointing for a new modeller, since are absent the laser pre-cut components and sometimes the metal cast accessories.

In addition, the wood will be very old.

The Companies: Augusto Carta, Tris Model, Aeropiccola has ceased to exist since many years.

They belong to the "pioneer period" of the wood kit models.

When those above Companies closed, some of their projects were purchased and used by Mantua and Corel, too (and upgraded).

Done:          Venetian Polacre http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/7290-venetian-polacre-by-cristiano-sec-xviii-from-original-drawings/

Halifax  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/844-halifax/

Ranger  https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2175-ranger-revenue-cutter-by-corel/   

HM Bark Endeavour (Corel kit heavily kitbashed) : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/125-hmbark-endeavour-corel-kit-bashed/                                              

Venetian Galleon (from scratch) - Pirate Junk - Sicilian Speronara (from scratch)

On the shelf (still packed):     Artesania Le Hussard....

• 1 month later...

I know this post is a month old, but I have 2 models kits from Tris ( not built yet of course).  I'll post some pictures in a bit of one of the kits.

Edited by Grimber

Current Build Log(s):

-Swift Virginia Pilot Boat 1805- Artesania Latina 1985 no sails kit.  My first wooden ship build.

Carrack - Woodkrafter Kits

Completed Build Log(s):

-Pirate Ship- Woodkrafter Kits Ship in a Bottle - First ship in a bottle kit build.

-The Secret Revealed Boat in a Bottle Kit- Authentic Models - Ship In Bottle

On the Shelf to build:

- Build a Ship in a Bottle Kit - Authentic Models

- The Chesapeake Bay Flattie - Midwest Products

- Armistad 1832 - Serial Modellbau

- San Gabriele 1497 - Serial Modellbau

- Clara May English Ketch - Artesania Latina

- Santa Maria - Scientific

- Margaretha - Tris Model

- Paranzella - Tris Model

OK  model is the Margaretha kit number SM108. 

no date on the kit, anywhere

has 15 pages of typed english instructions 2 pages parts lists and additional instructions

ensigns (flags) are ink printed cloth.  cloth sail material ( not pre marked or cut)

4 large pages of illustrations

brass etched plate

most the parts are pre cut except for 1 sheet.

The other Tris kit I have just like this one (The Paranzella)

SAM_0495.jpg

SAM_0496.jpg

SAM_0497.jpg

SAM_0498.jpg

SAM_0499.jpg

SAM_0500.jpg

SAM_0501.jpg

SAM_0502.jpg

SAM_0504.jpg

SAM_0505.jpg

Edited by Grimber

Current Build Log(s):

-Swift Virginia Pilot Boat 1805- Artesania Latina 1985 no sails kit.  My first wooden ship build.

Carrack - Woodkrafter Kits

Completed Build Log(s):

-Pirate Ship- Woodkrafter Kits Ship in a Bottle - First ship in a bottle kit build.

-The Secret Revealed Boat in a Bottle Kit- Authentic Models - Ship In Bottle

On the Shelf to build:

- Build a Ship in a Bottle Kit - Authentic Models

- The Chesapeake Bay Flattie - Midwest Products

- Armistad 1832 - Serial Modellbau

- San Gabriele 1497 - Serial Modellbau

- Clara May English Ketch - Artesania Latina

- Santa Maria - Scientific

- Margaretha - Tris Model

- Paranzella - Tris Model

• 1 year later...

I have a Revell Rattle snake kit that is a re-badge of this manufacturers.

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

yes, Instructions are all in German but is not a bad kit, came across it by chance and have been trying to find out more details but in vain. I will post photos when I get a chance. Kit number was H-4110.

Current Build(s):

Completed Builds:

Hi,

I have found the box out, it is so similar to the photographs above but on the green segmented section Revell has been moulded over the 'Tris'.

Interestingly, I have only found two references to the kit on the internet. One still has 'Tris' in the moulding but box is Revell and the other, and mine, has references to a company called 'Hegi'.

Current Build(s):

Completed Builds:

• 3 years later...

Our local Men's Shed here in Barrhead, Scotland was gifted a number of Tris model boat kits. I have started to build the Trabacolo Art SM 105. This is my first attempt at building a model boat. I'm taking my time, poring over the English instructions and referring closely to the drawings. I've reached the point where I have to fit the prow blocks (4 small cubes) but there are no instructions as to where they fit and how to go about this, so any tips would be gratefully appreciated. The planking's gonna be tricky but there seems good tips on Youtube. John  

John, 

Why not open a build log?  That way, we can follow along and see what you're doing.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)