HALF MOON By Jerry - FINISHED - Corel Scale - 1:50

Hello Jerry , excellent work on your Half moon .The ringing looks very tidy and clean. Bravo!! :) :) Have you decided what's the next project? (Besides helping your admiral with her build).

All the best

Dimitris

Edited by Dimitris71

Current Build: Amerigo Vespucci -Mantua- 1:100 scale

Completed Build logs: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Gallery: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Future Build: Royal Caroline -Panart- 1:47 scale

Hello Glenn.  Thanks for your compliment.  Now it will soon be teach the admiral but let her do the work.  Once you get by the rudder say good bye to coppering.  But your Victory will look better.  Take care,

Best,

Jerry

Hi Dimitis.  Many thanks for your visit and for your compliment.  i have no iddea as to my next build but I surely will be looking for something.  Now it will be teaching Charlene by showing her a procedure and letting her do the work herself.  I'm really tickled she asked to build a ship model and will do what I can to see that she is successful.  Hope you are well..

Best,

Jerry

Hello J,

Thanks for the congrats.  The final pics won't be taken for awhile as I still have the anchors, flags and pennants and all the coils to do.  I forgot about the coils and they'll take  some time.  Take care and best,

Jerry

Hello Robert.

I appreciate your compliment.  I have looked in on your Victory build and although I haven't commented on your site I just want you to know that your coppering looks very nice and clean to me.    I hope to comment on your site also.  Hope your day is going well.

Best,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Hi everyone..

As I mentioned to J above, there is still work to do on Half Moon besides the rigging.  So I did start making coils and attaching them to the various termination points at the belaying pins, cleats, bitts, etc.  I still have about 15 or 20 more coils to make and attach but I thought it would be okay to show some pictures of what I have accomplished so far.  After the coils I will get to the anchors and for a final act, I will attach the flags to their respective lanyards which still have to be constructed.  I hope everyone has a great weekend and many thanks for everyone's constructive criticism and comments in the past;  I would still appreciate any additional remarks.

Best,

Jerry

post-545-0-07072200-1428697024_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-45116900-1428697051_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-95794000-1428697072_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-46087800-1428697106_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-70598900-1428697122_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-87985100-1428697134_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-45533700-1428697154_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

it's hard to get them to droop the way you want them to  ;)    very nice progress Jerry

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks, Popeye.. You are indeed right about that. 

I finished all the coils and will mount the anchors and flags tomorrow and the next day which should complete this Half Moon. Best to you.

Jerry

Good morning everyone..

Just a quick entry to attach a photo of the midship coils which completes the coiling process.  There will be more to follow to show the anchors and flags.

Have a great day everyone and best,

Jerry

post-545-0-90211500-1428930912_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hello again, Everyone...

I'm happy to say that the anchors have been constructed and mounted to the hull.  I decided to be truly nautical and used bowline knots to secure the anchors to their lines.

Tomorrow I hope to attach the flags and pennants to their respective halyards.  My last task ( a very happy one) will take a few photos of the completed model and try and take a short break.  Of course the Admiral is lurking in the shadows so I'm sure she will need me from time to time to help her with her Bounty.  I think the timing couldn't have been better. Here are some additional photos of today's work.

Best,

Jerry

post-545-0-15199200-1428963967_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-13008900-1428963980_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-94209200-1428963996_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Good morning, J and Glenn.

Thank you both for your visits.  Yep, Today should be the final day on Half Moon except for the base (stand) which I'm thinking about.  I think I'm going to make a timber pile cradle on a nice piece of wood of some kind; And I'm not sure if I'm going to place the boat in a display case. It has no sails and it's small enough that an occassional pressure dusting will probably be sufficient.  I'm not sure yet. So now after a few months of a fun build a I need to come up with another model.  Maybe it won't be an historical boat but perhgaps something from the close past.  I'm anxious to vary the build to incorporate different skills to learn.  I really don't know but I'm thinking about it.  Of course I stil have to "coach" the admiral.  Anyway, final pictures will be posted in a day or so.  Take care everyone and best ..

Jerry

Greeting Jerry

I have returned !!!! Well done on the almost conclusion of your Half Moon, (does this eclipse all of your other builds ?). get it !! And now a decision whether or not to start another build or take a rest. So you have also acquired an Apprentice, and that will prob take a small bit of time up. I well remember starting my Apprenticeship which took five years in the olden days ( I was going to say many Moons ago) Dont ask about this Caroline thing in front of me!!! I am now ready to stick the last Port side and Stern windows on and then a break from it to lay the keel on the Diana, which I promised to do. So good luck to you both with the Bounty, and the best advice I can give is don't get a Dog!!!!! Take care.....DAVID

Hello David..

So good to hear from you.  I asked Lawrence today if he had heard from you and when he replied in the negative I really began to worry that you're okay.  I hope that's the case.  As usual your cleverness preceeds you and your comments above are really funny.  I read your post to Charlene and she laughed loudly for a good while.  She said to thank you for your good wishes and that she'll trynot to disappoint you with her build.  I was going to say Bounty instead of build but it didn;t sound right.  I guess I'll be looking for another build since I'll need something to do during the day.  I'll be helping the Admiral from time to time but she can only give the hobby sporadic time.  It's good to know that you're back on track with Caroline and I look forward to see what you do with Diana.  (Boy,that sounds very chauvinistic.)  Best to you,

Jerry

Hello to all my model builder friends who have put up with me for a pretty long time......

Well, you won't have to put up with me any longer as far as the Half Moon build is concerned.  I am very happy, indeed, to say that my Half Moon is sitting on its designated shelf in the entry way of our home across the straights from the Cutty Sark.

post-545-0-37822300-1429127760_thumb.jpg

At this time I wish to thank all my fellow members of NRG's MSW for their kind patience, assistance and indulgance during the build of this model.  I started the construction on December 12th and happily finished on March 14th so as you can see this build was not a long one but i assure you without the help of many like J, Lawrence, David, Glenn, Popeye, and others, who I hope will forgive me for not mentioning their names, would have taken much longer to complete.  Here are some photos of the finished model on a plain cradle (which will be finished one of these days).  So, besides helping the Admiral with her Bounty, I will start scouring the halls of model ships to determine what will be next.  Again, many, many thanks  to you all.

Best,

Jerry

post-545-0-13547300-1429128021_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-95940600-1429128060_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-27477500-1429128086_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-42387000-1429128110_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-62047000-1429128137_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-37737800-1429128164_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-57377100-1429128194_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-42858400-1429128226_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hello Dimitris..

many thaks from your visit and comments.  Please keep in touch, okay?

Best to you phile..

Jerry

Greetings again !!!!

Well these photos get better with every post, must have lost your Kodak box brownie. Yep excellent build Jerry. Does this really need to be encase ? It should be easy to keep clean as it is now, just in its stand. Well done. DAVID. Started on Diana's keel tonight.

David..

It's the white foam folder background that did the trick with my telephone camera.  There will be no case for Half Moon.  i thought exactly as you..Easy to keep clean...a few dust offs a month should do it.  Best of luck with the Diana.

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Thankk you very much, Robert.  It was a lot of fun.

Best,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Nice job Jerry, she looks good in your "Hall o Ships"  you may want to consider the 18th Century longboat for your next build if your interested in a launch.  Nice little kit with a lot of interesting details.  Congrats on the finish of your HM

J

Good morning J and thanks for your compliment and suggestion.  I will check out the 18th century Longboat as you suggested.  And good luck with the Penguins tonight.  You know who I'm rooting for.  LOL

Jerry

Your Half Moon looks great, Jerry. That is going to be my next build, but at the rate I am going with the Constitution, I'll be retired first, which should be in about 7 years.