ive been trying to figure out what anchor would be accurate for the bounty, the whats used is the standard curved, however the anchor that was raised and on display in Pitcairn is Spanish style. also what was included in the kit was kedge style. so needless to say im confused and cant find any reliable info on anchors the bounty carried. im tempted to use the spanish style because thats what was supposedly raised from the wreck.

Hi

I looked up the pic of The Bounty anchor and it looks like a typical admiralty design from that period, it is missing the wooden stock that it would have had. With the stock It would have looked very similar to this one from the HMS Sirius from the same era

Cheers

Steve

post-819-0-80062900-1445410834.jpeg

post-819-0-33951700-1445410855_thumb.jpeg

Current Build: HMB Endeavour 1:51 (Eaglemoss part work)

Previous Builds: USS Constitution (Revell plastic) HMS Victory 1:96 (Corel) HMB Endeavour 1:60 (AL)

Hi

I looked up the pic of The Bounty anchor and it looks like a typical admiralty design from that period, it is missing the wooden stock that it would have had. With the stock It would have looked very similar to this one from the HMS Sirius from the same era

Cheers

Steve

thats what i figured, the online stores that have anchors say its a Spanish design, though who says they are accurate with that. thanks, i know which anchor to get now

• 4 years later...

Here are the anchors from the Anatomy of the Ship " The Armed Transport Bounty

Anchor.jpg.e22932801b37a0fb0fb788252e8ab6fd.jpg

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Here is the actual drawing with a ruler overlayed. This will not print to actual size.

33073067_AnchorNotScale.jpg.2e02d8c14743c475d5f72572e4349b29.jpg

I will send you a PM with the image that should print to actual size..  It looks like the Bower Anchor is about 75mm at 1:96.

PS

As we discussed in our PM exchange, I think this scale - 1/96 - is off..  Seems off by maybe a factor of 2, and is actually 1:48

Edited by Gregory

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

On 12/17/2019 at 11:40 AM, Lordkapas said:

Hi all

I'm making the Constructo bounty 1: 50. The anchors are miserable. Cant anyone tell the measurements of the real anchor ?

I am making the Endeavour at 1:51 scale and I purchased a Caldercraft anchor which is 74mm long, about the same length that you need. The Caldercraft anchors are very authentic, they don't come with the hoops for the stock, I had to make them. I got it from Corwall Model Boats in the UK

IMG_5589 (640x480).jpg

IMG_5590 (640x480).jpg

IMG_5588 (640x480).jpg

IMG_5591 (640x480).jpg

Edited by shipaholic

Current Build: HMB Endeavour 1:51 (Eaglemoss part work)

Previous Builds: USS Constitution (Revell plastic) HMS Victory 1:96 (Corel) HMB Endeavour 1:60 (AL)

Kapas 

The dimensions appear to match closely to Sutherland's Shipbuilding Unveiled for a 225 Ton vessel.  I saved the image from Gregory above,  inserted into a cad drawing, scaled it to the scale laid on the drawing that Gregory posted, then saved as a PDF and printed.  Came out dead on and is 76.2 mm (3 inches).   If you still need a drawing, please feel free to PM me your email address and I can email you the PDF which you can use to print the sheet on your home printer.   

Allan 

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 6 months later...

Just tripped over this newspaper clipping.

Craig.

I do know, that I don't know, a whole lot more, than I do know.

Current Build: 1:16 Bounty Launch Scratch build.   1:16 Kitty -18 Foot Racing Sloop   1:50 Le Renard   HM Cutter Lapwing 1816  Lapwing Drawings

Completed....: 1:16 16' Cutter Scratch build.

Discussion....: Bounty Boats Facts