Wasan 1628 by Nazgul - FINISHED - Billing Boats Vasa 1:75

Thanks all for the comments and likes!

Mark, if I got it right, there should only be some minor adjustment needed. I plan to stop with the rigging after putting ratlines on the finished shrouds and wait for the Vasa II book. Actually I'm not sure what rigging set up I will give her, because I think of the model as in the summer before her departure, during the preparations. I find it poetic, all that hard work they did only to go under later on. I also always prefered the second act, in the middle of things.

/Matti  

post-3739-0-77091900-1412108706.jpg

Billing Boats Vasa

Absolutely speechless Matti, you've done a superb job with your rigging so far, very well done mate.

I can most definitely see your museum wanting this ship, fantastic.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

And you thought that the rigging was going to be a problem for you!!!! :P :P .... excellent work Matti!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

I agree that rigging is an intersting part of the build. Specially when you understand the use/function of eaxh line. I myself had some experience in sailing old sailinhboats from the beginning if the last century and this helps a lot

Jan V. 

current build: Vasa-1628 Corel / Battle Station Mantua/Panart,

previous: Statenjacht / Cross section HMS Victory / diorama shipyard

Ah, the final ratlines of this stage is done, phew. I was bound to make mistakes as it was my first time, and the final mast became better than the first. But I'll look at the mistakes as lessons learned and move on.

post-3739-0-91322000-1415537981_thumb.jpg

I made a side by side with one of my ref pics, and besides the oversized deadeyes and that I didn't get the right number of ratlines/spacing, I'm happy with how the shaping of the ratlines came out.

post-3739-0-68360600-1415537994_thumb.jpg

Now  it will feels good to make other things like finishing the tops and planning for the railings.

/Matti

Billing Boats Vasa

Kiitos Markku, thanks!

Small reflection, when looking at the model now, the deadeyes look more in scale, and I realized that the camera angle and closeness is making the model ones look bigger. They are to big, but not that much.

/Matti

Edited by NAZGÛL

Billing Boats Vasa

Hi Matti, nice work mate, it looks fantastic. I hope you stay with us when the ship is finished because as soon as I can work out how to get the pictures from

my camera to the build log I shall begin my first build log. Having said that I still have to find out how to work my camera. I can remember when you just used to point the thing and press a button, nowadays you have to pick modes, filters and God knows what before you get a picture :rolleyes:.

I am such a technophobe :( my daughter has said she will help me. When I get up and running I hope that I can call on you and the other Vasa builders to give me some help and advice along the way, the model as she is at the moment is in a sorry state. As a matter of fact if I leave her as she is she could model the ship as she was at the bottom of the sea ;).

You have given us so much information with your build log mate that I cant wait to start mine

Tony

Hi Matti, nice work mate, it looks fantastic. I hope you stay with us when the ship is finished because as soon as I can work out how to get the pictures from

my camera to the build log I shall begin my first build log. Having said that I still have to find out how to work my camera. I can remember when you just used to point the thing and press a button, nowadays you have to pick modes, filters and God knows what before you get a picture :rolleyes:.

I am such a technophobe :( my daughter has said she will help me. When I get up and running I hope that I can call on you and the other Vasa builders to give me some help and advice along the way, the model as she is at the moment is in a sorry state. As a matter of fact if I leave her as she is she could model the ship as she was at the bottom of the sea ;).

You have given us so much information with your build log mate that I cant wait to start mine

Tony

Thanks mate! I don't like advanced cameras and use a fairly simple standard compact Canon that takes good pictures, but with no need to make any settings. The only thing I do is to turn the flash off, and whenever possible use sunlight as it makes the pictures better and the colors more true.

Is the problem how to make the images the right size after you move them from the camera memorycard to your PC? If so I can explain, it's not advanced at all. Give me a shout if you want any advices. Maybe I can help out.

Thanks for the likes everyone!

/Matti

Edited by NAZGÛL

Billing Boats Vasa

Matti I agree with Buck :D .... man she's looking real good.

frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hi Matti,

I agree: One project at one time is also my thing. I cannot focus on two or even more different models. I give full attention to one build - and this as long as it gets done.

Best wishes

Cheerio

Max

Next: Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde by Euro Model 1:47

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

A life without dogs is possible... but worth to live?

Cheers Max, we work the same way then. :)

I have been working with the tops. It's funny how fast this step feels after doing slow work like the ratlines.

What I've done is making holes for the  connections for the ropes/next level deadeyes holders.

I also tried to make the skanskläder for the mainmast:

post-3739-0-62129100-1415808027_thumb.jpg

post-3739-0-40213000-1415808033_thumb.jpg

post-3739-0-06341000-1415882186_thumb.jpg

post-3739-0-31798900-1415882193_thumb.jpg

/Matti

Edited by NAZGÛL

Billing Boats Vasa

she looks very nice Matti....tops look sweet!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch