Having decided not to try my hand at a scratch build I do not need the keep my Byrnes Thickness Sander. The sander has never been used or powered up. I also have a few extra sanding sheets that are cut for the machine. It is perfect for scratch builders that are considering a thickness sander and a fair savings.

I am asking $290 plus actual shipping. Shipping to the east coast is about $52 so I anticipate that shipping costs could be less. I am willing to ship abroad but I think the shipping cost would be quite high so CONUSA only. I am located at 91307.

Please ask questions and thanks for looking.

P1040460-001.JPG

Temptinig... but HMS Visa is down by the stern and afire.  Someone will be getting a great sander and a great deal.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

36 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Temptinig... but HMS Visa is down by the stern and afire.  Someone will be getting a great sander and a great deal.

"Damn the torpedoes! FULL SPEED AHEAD!"

Tools get you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no tools. Don't think of it as spending money, think of it as saving money. You know you want it. You're going to get one someday and then you probably won't be able to realize the savings. Just do it!

(Yeah, I'm the kind of guy wives don't want their husbands associating with.)

upload_2016-10-14_21-43-31-jpg.25716

If I was about 9000 miles closer, this would have been sold! I suspect the shipping to this part of the planet will cost more than the actual item.:angry:

Edited by Jolley Roger

Samuel Pepys notes in his diary on 19 July 1667: "the Dutch fleets being in so many places, that Sir W. Batten at table cried, By God,says he, I think the Devil shits Dutchmen."

Out of curiosity, could you find out how much would be shipping to UK (if willing)? If exact postcode needed its SS11 7JS.

i want one as the proxxon DH40 just does not work for me (incredible noise)

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

Thanks for the question. Shipping to UK is quite expensive for this weight. USPS charges approx. $150US and UPS is in outer space. I think Jim Byrnes had a discussion about shipping his items out of the USA on some forum. It may be on MSW somewhere. I hope this helps.

You might look into this company:

https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/parcel-delivery/

They are located in the UK but deal with worldwide shipping at reduced costs. Enter in your size, weight, and shipping information and I think you might be surprised. If you like what you come up with you can contact them and they will supply shipping labels etc and off it goes.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Ive done a little calculation. it would cost me roughly 440USD after I paid the import tax. better than directly from Mr Byrnes, roughly 100USD better.

I will have to pass.

I spoke to the Admiral, she said NO!!!!

maybe after I sell the DH40, if still available...

if for nothing else, we now have a link for a great parcel service (thanks for that Imagna)

sorry for wasting your time

Edited by maaaslo

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

3 hours ago, maaaslo said:

we now have a link for a great parcel service (thanks for that Imagna)

We should really thank OC. He found the company a few months ago when he wanted to get a pretty heavy and large dollhouse I have, sent to him in Wales.

The dollhouse never got sent, but I kept the link because who knows when like now it can be useful. I think they will even do domestic shipping. US to US or UK to UK or other countries as well. It does not seem to need to be international.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

14 hours ago, ir3 said:

Pavlo, I just signed up at Trans Global Express and the shipping cost will be 62 Pounds or about $80. Let me know.

ir3, if you are willing to ship to SA and can get a similar price(under $100) for shipping, you can consider it sold.

If not, no worries.

I also prefer the Byrnes over the Proxxon and it will work out to be about $150 cheaper!

Samuel Pepys notes in his diary on 19 July 1667: "the Dutch fleets being in so many places, that Sir W. Batten at table cried, By God,says he, I think the Devil shits Dutchmen."

Jolley Roger, let me know the shipping address and I can check the shipping fees.

I CHECKED USPS AND UPS AND THE POSTAGE IS STAGGARING. IT LOOKS LIKE SHIPPING OUT OF USA IS PRETTY HIGH. IT APPEARS THAT THE TRANS GLOBAL EXPRESS ROUTE IS FOR SHIPPING TO UK ONLY. THE BOX IS 14" X 10" X 10" AND WEIGHS ABOUT 30 POUNDS IF YOU CAN CHECK SOME OTHER SHIPPERS.

Edited by ir3
Update Shipping to SA

I was afraid of that. I've checked a couple of shippers, and it looks grim, so i'm out 😢

Thank you for taking the time to check on this, much appreciated.

Somebody will be getting a good deal though.

(out of interest, I just got a quote from Donna at Byrnes, their shipping price via UPS is a healthy $379!)

Do you take PayPal? This would be shipped to Texas 78557 if I decide to buy it.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Hello and thanks for your prompt response.

I am in the market for several power tools and this represent a somewhat heavy investment. So I have to prioritize my needs. Unfortunately after some thought, I decided that a thickness sander is not at the top of the list. :( 

Best regards.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!