Santisima Trinidad by LFNokia - FINISHED - OcCre - 1:90

The time has come to start a new project, while building Robert E Lee i've purchased the Santissima Trinidad from Occre, Occre sells the full kit and the kit divided in 6 packs, wich is what i have aqquired.

I also got the Santissima Trinidad cross section kit that i intend to display together at the end and that i will include on this build log.

At the moment the idea/goal is to make it heavy weathered, painted, and copper the hull, although plans are always subject to change, and i did considered several other approaches, this is at the moment the plan.

As for the kit itself, the quality of the materials is overall good, but we all know that it is lacking in certain aspects, particularly the stern is really quite bad, and overall, it lacks details/decorations, as i go i'll try to adress some of this and hopefully improve on the kit a bit

I've also decided to try something new, and i will try to make videos of the construction, here is my 1st attempt

Unboxing packs 1 and 2

Hope you enjoy and give me some time to improve my video editing skills

Hope you join me on this journey (loooooong journey)

im here waiting for updates, popcorn in hand, good luck with the build

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

LF,

Nice variation for a build log. Will follow as well. I'm using the instructions for the cross section that are included in the full ship kit for my cross section of same. There are more details added to your kit for the cross-section bit that are available with just cross-section instruction booklet (odd?)

I'm also tempted to buy the full kit and attempting it later. Those would be a great side-by-side -- I have also read the the stern section is not too good. Other builders have done some great "fixes" to that area. You might want to look around at other build logs as well when you get into that area. Good luck  with this one. :D

Cheers,

Edited by md1400cs

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

8 minutes ago, LFNokia said:

does anyone know, considering a 1/90 scale, how long should the boards for the decks be?

http://modelshipworldforum.com/ship-model-framing-and-planking-articles.php

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Keel and ribs, everything was very straight, no major issues with warping or anything like that, very good fit of every piece

Any suggestions regarding the videos are appreciated

Also, would it be preferable if i just link the video and post just pictures on the thread?

Edited by LFNokia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good my friend.  Your videos put a new spin on a build thread.  For some reason I am amore w/this vessel.  I am as all, am a fan of the famous HMS Victory and have a kit tucked away.  But I also like the lines of a Man of War and this vessel happens to be one at the top of the food chain.  Looking forward too more of your build.

Rick

Neophyte Shipwright

Wisdom:  When all else fails, read the instructions!

• 4 months later...

So, i'm still alive

had some issues with the phone and didn't like the footage on the replacement phone

then i decided i needed a new work bench... wich somehow led to me remodeling, repainting, re-furnituring the whole floor

with all that out of the way, here's a update video, assembling the gunports, all this was done a few months ago

i still have footage fo a couple more videos that i will be trying to edit soon

and sorry for the lack of pictures...

Edited by LFNokia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Usually just above the waterline.  You should see this straight line indicated in your plans although i have never seen these particular plans.  Try looking at some photos of victory as its a similar type hull.

• 2 weeks later...