Greetings from Nova Scotia, Canada

NovaStorm

Hello from Halifax, I've been a stowaway here while working away on my first build, the Bluenose MS 2130. It gave me a lot of satisfaction building a bit of local history and I think I might have caught the bug from you guys in the process. Yes I've got the Syren now sitting on deck, go figure. Hoping to start it the second half of October, when the weather begins to turn and I have some more time on my hands. Great site you have here. Glad to see you don't promote kit's produced by theft. Big thanks for all the help you give :)

Regards, Robin aka Nova ~

http://www.modelshipbuilder.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?33665

IMG_1904a.jpg

Welcome to MSW.

Greetings from Belgium 

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome Robin.

I am a newbie here myself.

As soon as I read Nova Scotia I immediately thought " Bluenose".

I was right!...you have built one.

Thanks for the picture.

I am learning all about her and waiting for the plans to arrive from Canada.

There are a good many first rate modellers here.

I find this my main source of inspiration and a tonic to " keep modelling" it will get there eventually.

Pete

Australia.

Hey thank you all for the warm welcome :) much appreciated.

Pete, have you got any roots here, I was born over your way but grew up here. If I can assist with your BN in any way let me know. Check out NovaScotia archives and I could give you a list of others... 

14 hours ago, NovaStorm said:

Hey thank you all for the warm welcome :) much appreciated.

Pete, have you got any roots here, I was born over your way but grew up here. If I can assist with your BN in any way let me know. Check out NovaScotia archives and I could give you a list of others... 

No. I do not have any roots from Nova Scotia.

My plans arrived today.

Thanks for your kind offer of help and I now know who to turn to.

I will look out for your build logs.

Mine comes under " Bluenose RC sailing version by Peter Cane"

Happy building.

Pete

Hi Robin,

Greetings from the West Coast and welcome to this site. Your Bluenose looks fantastic! And thanks for the link to your build log in the other model boat website. Lots of great progress shots and build tips. I'm like you in that I wait until the fall to get back to work on my model. But that's proving difficult this year and I try to steal an hour here and there...

I look forward to your next model boat log in the fall!

Cheers,

Peter

p.s. What ship is that on your profile pic?

Edited by petervisser
added question

Build Log: Billing - Cutty Sark

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

Thank you for such a great welcoming :)

PeterV  unfortunately I was hoping someone might recognize the ship in my profile pic since I can't remember what it is called. I took it with one of my first digital camera's quite a few years ago. It is two shots stitched together and if I could find the original one I could get the name. Cheers from the opposite coast ~

Hi Robin,

I'm going to guess it's the Danmark. My guess is based on the green boot topping on the hull. It looks like it is a ship rig but it's hard to tell from the small photo.

Cheers,

Peter

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

Hi Robin.

Just checked out your Bluenose blog.

You sure know what you are doing.

I liked the deck planking mid ships to aft as they showed they were put in singularly and with dark staining here and there which showed they were individual planks.

It looks so realistic.

Isn't Bluenose beautiful!!!!

I think the most graceful Schooner ever built.

By design it could be Italian for its beauty.

But William Roue sounds more French than Italian.

Even known as " Queen of the North Atlantic" and unbeaten.

Perhaps that's why.

How does one beat a Queen?

My son asked " why is the helm ( wheel ) set at an angle?"

I explained that it was to do with the angle the rudder post was at.

I guessed but hope I was right?

Maybe you could advise.

Happy ship building.

Pete.

23 hours ago, Peter Cane said:

My son asked " why is the helm ( wheel ) set at an angle?"

I explained that it was to do with the angle the rudder post was at.

I guessed but hope I was right?

Maybe you could advise.

Happy ship building.

Pete.

You are correct PeteC here is a pic you can show your son :)

IMG_1986a.jpg

On 8/20/2019 at 6:23 PM, petervisser said:

Hi Robin,

I'm going to guess it's the Danmark. My guess is based on the green boot topping on the hull. It looks like it is a ship rig but it's hard to tell from the small photo.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter I don't think it is the Danmark, I've been through the six harddrives  on this system and the attached is the largest pick I could find. The original is probably on DVD somewhere lol.

319442_500451603301765_1321349422_b.jpg

Hi Robin,

After seeing the enlarged picture I recognized her as the sail training ship Cuauhtemoc, from Mexico. I was aboard her when she visited Victoria several years ago. I remember how immaculate she was when I visited her. Built in Spain in 1982. A lovely ship (barque really).

Cheers,

Peter

6 hours ago, petervisser said:

Hi Robin,

After seeing the enlarged picture I recognized her as the sail training ship Cuauhtemoc, from Mexico. I was aboard her when she visited Victoria several years ago. I remember how immaculate she was when I visited her. Built in Spain in 1982. A lovely ship (barque really).

Cheers,

Peter

ahhh cheers Peter, I've renamed the numbered file. Good work :)