Winnebago project - moved by moderator to appropriate forum

philo426

Dale's camper?........the Walking Dead?  I'm in! :) 

Rick.jpg.6a02a18cd361c70ff61485fc0a537c24.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

looking really good!  what do you use the baking soda for?  the interior is gonna be fun! ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

too bad I don't have a Dale figure..........I may have the site book marked though ;)   I do have a Glenn figure........Negan is also included { a dual set....I won't open the package}.  I'm usually not a collector of such things,  but I've amassed a small collection since last Christmas :blink:  fun project........great to exercise the imagination.  I gotta know........what's you motivation to build it?  good use for the truck frame :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Wally I tell you the truth I picked up a die cast Tomica Winnebago at a Garage sale I liked how it was designed.Since I have never encountered a 1/25 Winky I thought it would be a fun challenge to scratch build a Motor home loosely based on the diecast.Since I got the cabover Kenworth at Ollies it seemed natural to use its Frame.

1573063066055244975815364551810.jpg

nope.......can't say as I've seen one either.   ......a worthy endeavor indeed ;)   do you collect Matchbox?   I have a site that I window shop that sells Johnny Lightning and replica die cast cars.   sites like these are just the place to find older kits that have been reproduced or gotten from estate sales and such.  I see so many kits that I built in the past...a walk down memory lane.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

McFarlands........I believe they do the figures and stuff.   I have the cell block.......I wanted to add on to it,  but I haven't put much effort in getting the kits {they are kits}.   as mentioned,  I really don't collect this stuff,  but the past year or so,  I seem to have amassed a small trove.   I even have a John Snow figure,  from Game of thrones

they have a winnie.........my son has it :)    looked to see if I still had the website.........must have dumped it :( 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

30 minutes ago, philo426 said:

Made the upper rear panel out of sheet aluminum. 

Great project. I was wondering why you didn't use this material on all of the siding?

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

the sheet metal used for model railroading might be better........I have some of the corrugated stuff.   it's like tin foil and shapes very easy.   you could look into the doll house modeling too.   looking great so far.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

On 11/13/2019 at 10:26 PM, philo426 said:

Well can be somewhat hard to work with.

One of my favorite materials for metal surfaces was this stuff: 

https://www.ebay.com/i/152797616457?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=152797616457&targetid=483851281893&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9060507&poi=&campaignid=8085362828&mkgroupid=83728992216&rlsatarget=pla-483851281893&abcId=1139446&merchantid=118859769&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtrnuBRDXARIsABiN-7A4yV2RKZYxQaCarfOJ287towSkXhFBv7j8Ey-bTA-WH7C-RXyDEFIaAo-3EALw_wcB

Back then I could, and did get it for free, or practically free, depending on who and when. Now days I guess they cost a little more, especially if you get them on eBay. You could contact your local printing people, Places where they still do offset printing AND use the metal plates. I suspect they would be MUCH less expensive and even possibly free. They go a long way and are paper thin so are easy to work with as well. 

Not really applicable in this incidence but they are also fabulous for creating battle damaged panels as well they rip bend and tear quite convincingly, and being aluminum even have the same color under the paint as the real thing.

I have not used it in years but I still have a box of them, what I consider a lifetime supply just in case.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey