18th Century Longboat by Maury - FINISHED - Model Shipways

Thanks David.  This shows specs for every ship, barge and boat of the period.  With a breadth of about 8', the oars would be 20' long...just what Chuck designed into the kit.

Maury

David,

If you'd be so kind, could post that link to the oar lengths to the "Important Links" area.  I think it's important enough that it should be preserved separately.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 month later...

After a long wait, I finally put the display together.  Because this is a gift and it has to be transported, I did not rig the spars, but merely displayed them.  Finding the right display case was a struggle, but worth the wait.  I'm doing another "from scratch" using box wood for the frames and all other wooden parts .  That one I'll fully rig.

Maury

post-923-0-10101000-1380548933_thumb.jpg

post-923-0-96083500-1380548944_thumb.jpg

post-923-0-38621400-1380548957_thumb.jpg

post-923-0-05738600-1380548971_thumb.jpg

post-923-0-75267400-1380548987_thumb.jpg

post-923-0-45038700-1380549006_thumb.jpg

That came out just wonderful.   Makes a really nice give,  very nice presentation!!!

Thanks Chuck.  You make a great kit!

Maury

Looks great.  I presume you will mast the "scratch" one?

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Thanks all fr the nice comments.  Toni, Yes, the next one will be masted.  I like that part except for 12,000 ratlines and 74 guns.

Maury

• 4 years later...