Model Expo = Excellent Dealer

RussR

I had goofed up some material on my model build. So I contacted John Garcia at Model Expo to get some replacement material.

I offered to pay for it and the shipping but he said it wasn't necessary nor did he ask for proof of purchase. 

Thanks John.

Model Expo is the best in my book.

Russ 

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

You’re preaching to the choir...they are the best I’ve ever dealt with!

They are having a sale right now.  Great discounts on some kits, and free domestic shipping for a $75 order..   $49 flat rate for international orders..

I have to resist..  Too many kits on the shelf..

Edited by Gregory

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

• 2 weeks later...

I find that Model Expo frequently overcharges for shipping when you order on-line. The flat rate is $9.95 regardless of what you order. I did discuss this with John Garcia and he said he can't check every on-line order. In fairness to John, he has credited my account several times for overcharging on shipping.  I find that it is easier to order on-line than it is to call Model Expo - it's very rare that someone answers the call, and John doesn't always get back to you when you leave a voice mail message. 

Steven E. Sylven

Fortunately I live and work close enough that if I really need something I can make the trip down there and back in a slightly extended lunch hour.

If I recall, all my ModelExpo orders have come by USPS Priority mail.  It looks like an 8oz package from Miami to Rhode Island is $8.45

When you figure shipping materials and time spent, $9.95 doesn't seem to be out of line.

It sounds like John is being a real nice guy if he's giving you shipping credit..

Edited by Gregory

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon