Do you love Ancre Monographs and building models from them?

We have a lot folks here at MSW who love Ancre monographs.   I certainly do.  Many builders even specialize their hobby and only build these types of French models.   Their is a large contingent of Ancre fans out there.

Did you you know, that clicking on the red tag "Ancre" in the title of any build log that has one will instantly bring up a list of all of the build logs and pertinent topics based on Ancre monographs?  If you see this tag anywhere on MSW, clicking on it will instantly bring up the list.

We have tried to make it easier for you if you are one of these builders to find all Ancre -related content.

Tags are a powerful tool when used properly.   Clicking on any tag will bring up a list of all topics that also contain the words in that tag.  We will try and create red tags in the topic titles to make it easier for you to find popular subjects throughout MSW.  Its just another way we can make it easier and more enjoyable to find stuff.

Are you an Ancre enthusiast?  Give it a try!!!!  Find any red tag that says "Ancre" and click on it.  I have added one to this very topic.  Just scroll up and click on the tag.

I hope you find this helpful and it sees more Ancre build logs being created based on the many wonderful monographs available.

Chuck

This is a great idea.

Search " Commerce "  and tag these too.  All Gerard Delacroix inventory is now ANCRE.  Even if this particular vessel seems to have defeated all attempts so far.

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers

Actually I am still actively trying to find all the Ancre topics so I can manually add the tags.   I will add that one to the list.

Thanks

Chuck

Could you tag all the 'Rochefort' topics with 'Ancre' as well? Cabrapente has a particularly good build.

Thanks

Tony

Kent

Thanks,  when are you gonna start that build log!!!!  I would love to see what you are working on.  

Great idea for finding Ancre builds. I think it will also be very useful with other subjects as well. 

I just received the Ancre Monograph for the Santa Caterina. I'm no where experienced enough to attempt a scratch build yet but I was fascinated with Hellmuht Schrader's build of this wonderful fishing vessel. So I decided to get a copy of the monograph to read and compare their instructional steps with his build as a way of learning more about scratch building.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

We already added such tags to other builds and subjects.   Everyone should use them.    They are not in red like the Ancre tags but are black instead.   Clicking on any tag will have the same effect.  We (the staff) have to do this manually on every build log.   So please patience.   We are also removing some nonsense tags that members have used that are useless to the function......such as "wood"  "Scratch"  or "first" and the list goes on and on.

Chuck

As one of those in the trenches adding the tags, It's going to take a bit for us to go through all the build logs.   They are a great way to find additional logs for a given topic or ship.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)