1/48 Italeri CH47 (Chinook) "Big Wokka" RAF

What i could do  is to turn her into an ex  BDRT  thats no longer used or needed and the old girl is stuffed in the corner of a hanger waiting to scrapped  after having her blades removed  to go on a flying  sister.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Sounds like you got it sussed out brother... good deal.... dust her up real good though like your tank but heavier...

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

7:43 and 12:45

https://youtu.be/Ou6Ag0CYcYM

Or you could go this route. No decals needed:

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/history/aircraft/A_Models/65-07992/65-07992.html

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I'm with the guys. Tuck the Wokka in the back of a hangar bay with pieces removed. Most places in SEA had hangar queens, which were cannibalized for keeping the other jets flying. One of ours was named Marcia, after our maintenance officer. Even think she named it. 😃

Did not realize you'd applied your decals over flat paint. Big oops. mate. This hangar queen dio will make up for it.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

39 minutes ago, Canute said:

I'm with the guys. Tuck the Wokka in the back of a hangar bay with pieces removed. Most places in SEA had hangar queens, which were cannibalized for keeping the other jets flying. One of ours was named Marcia, after our maintenance officer. Even think she named it. 😃

Did not realize you'd applied your decals over flat paint. Big oops. mate. This hangar queen dio will make up for it.

Yes indeed Ken, I had no gloss to hand  and was eager to  get her finished  - so I did the  naughty deed and  put them down  on the flat paint work.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

OC, if this will help, here's some CH-53 photos from 'Nam.  They usually were quite faded and the markings chipped and faded.   Only museum birds look clean and shiny and the ones the Generals flew on.  As for a 'hanger queen"... engines would have been pulled, windows, doors, access panels.... anything a mech could get to without a cutting torch to get the parts they needed.  

a-ch-53-sea-stallion-helicopter-rests-on-a-recently-installed-landing-mat-at-c65765.jpg.dfd3518ad86c3effa81625f58ff8b2d0.jpgSikorsky_S-65_CH-53_Sea_Stallion_153304_USMC_Miramar_036_GrubbyFingers.thumb.jpg.d2fb65bbea396c104ea44bb52217d34d.jpg

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

1 hour ago, mtaylor said:

OC, if this will help, here's some CH-53 photos from 'Nam.  They usually were quite faded and the markings chipped and faded.   Only museum birds look clean and shiny and the ones the Generals flew on.  As for a 'hanger queen"... engines would have been pulled, windows, doors, access panels.... anything a mech could get to without a cutting torch to get the parts they needed.  

a-ch-53-sea-stallion-helicopter-rests-on-a-recently-installed-landing-mat-at-c65765.jpg.dfd3518ad86c3effa81625f58ff8b2d0.jpgSikorsky_S-65_CH-53_Sea_Stallion_153304_USMC_Miramar_036_GrubbyFingers.thumb.jpg.d2fb65bbea396c104ea44bb52217d34d.jpg

Thank you for posting those Mark.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Folks I have scrapped this  - its currently in the bin,     it started just having far too many problems   I went to do the rotor heads  and one  of the rear  leg oleo's  broke away  where it had bee repaird before, it wouldn't glue back, then one of the windows  fell inside  and could not be  rescued due to the internal  framing, just too  many issues  so  I binned it.

No worries  it was one of those builds  taht went wrong so many different ways..

But I have started something else   -

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Sorry to hear that OC.  But I do understand as I've done that myself.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

35 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Sorry to hear that OC.  But I do understand as I've done that myself.

Thank you kindly Mark.

By the way  Please take care of your self  my friend.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 hour ago, Old Collingwood said:

Folks I have scrapped this  - its currently in the bin,     it started just having far too many problems   I went to do the rotor heads  and one  of the rear  leg oleo's  broke away  where it had bee repaird before, it wouldn't glue back, then one of the windows  fell inside  and could not be  rescued due to the internal  framing, just too  many issues  so  I binned it.

No worries  it was one of those builds  taht went wrong so many different ways..

But I have started something else   -

OC.

Sad but probably a good decision; some stuff just doesn't work out and moving on to a fresh adventure is better. Building a stunning Hood will more than compensate.

Alan

1 minute ago, king derelict said:

Sad but probably a good decision; some stuff just doesn't work out and moving on to a fresh adventure is better. Building a stunning Hood will more than compensate.

Alan

Thank you kindly Alan.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

5 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

I feel ya brother, BlueJay 4 comes to mind.... When it's no longer fun, time to move on....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

32 minutes ago, Egilman said:

I feel ya brother, BlueJay 4 comes to mind.... When it's no longer fun, time to move on....

Thank you kindly brother, go me a new  model of interest to sink my teeth into  - my  Hood build.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.