Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Heliart

Let me introduce myself briefly:

My name is Thomas and I have been modeling for more then fifty years. I started with plastic modeling, e.g. the Saturn V 1:96 from Revell 1969. Later I changed to RC ship and airplane modeling and continued with remote controlled helicopters in the eighties.

My nickname is a combination of helicopter and art. I did a lot of custom painting for the canopies of RC helicopters, but also for motorcycles.

At the beginning of the millenium the flight virus took me over and I got into man-carrying flying (UL and paragliding). In the meantime I have calmed down a bit (with the paraglider I flew acrobatics) and I dedicate myself again more to model building.

Three years ago I taught myself CAD (Fusion360) and since then I have been working intensively with 3D printers. This was so successful that I made it to the cover of the magazine "Maschinen im Modellbau" by rebuilding a Graupner Wankel.

My current projects are the HMS Victory and the HMS Sovereign of the Seas from De Agostini.

:piratebo5:

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thx for the warm welcome 😄

@ccoyle Both 😂

• The FCB (Bayern) is winning most times, this is boring 
  • 1860 loses most of the time, that also sucks. But they are the underdogs, so they all support they can get 

@all: Chris and me talking about two soccer teams from Munich

Munich, the city with heart and the Oktoberfest 😄👍

Hi Thomas, welcome to the MSW forum, your one stop shopping for all matters concerning wooden ship building (plastic too) and ship knowledge. Glad to have you aboard! 😀

Dave

Current builds: Rattlesnake

Completed builds: Lady Nelson

On the shelf: NRG Half Hull Project, Various metal, plastic and paper models

30 minutes ago, Heliart said:

Chris and me talking about two soccer teams from Munich

I was an exchange student in Aurich back when 1860 were still in the Bundesliga and Bayern's roster included guys named Sepp, Karl-Heinz, Paul, and Uli.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2

Welcome to MSW, Thomas.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

:722972270:

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

Many thanks to all, Dave, Keith, druxey, Mark and Ian

@druxey I have family in St. Catharines nearby your home location 😉 and my sister went from Rochester to Philly

Willkommen an Model Ship World. Meine Frau hat noch Familie in Baden-Württemberg, und wir haben beide in der Schüle Deutch gelernt.

English is the default here, but I can't help greeting German members, I so rarely get a chance to use the language here in the American Midwest.