USS Perry by Jeff Preisler - FINISHED - BlueJacket Shipcrafters - Scale 1/8" = 1'

• 4 weeks later...

Completed and attached bowsprit, added all the required blocks, eye bolts to the bow for the rigging.  Also installed trail boards then finished and installed the cutter.  Progress has been slow for me the last month or so as I've been busy with other projects, but after all this work completed, I finally mounted the ship to its permanent base.  I previously had all the masts, yards, boom and gaffs completed so now I'm ready to put my rigging skills that I have learned to work.

DSC00593.JPG

DSC00594.JPG

DSC00595.JPG

•  

• 2 weeks later...

Work is progressing slowly, but she is starting to come to life.  Installed lower and top mast shrouds over the last few days. Hopefully I can get this completed in the next few weeks.  Sure, wish I knew some shortcuts to working with those tiny deadeyes as some modelers make this look so easy.  Although not perfect, I'm pleased with my results so far and I guess that's all that should matter.  I will get better at this as I gain experience.

DSC00598.JPG

DSC00601.JPG

•  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After 6 months and a huge number of hours, I'm finally calling this ship complete except for the case that I will have to make yet.  I made some mistakes along the way, but I am very pleased with the outcome.  This is my 1st 2 masted sailing ship, and it was quite the challenge for me.  Last year I was fortunate enough to take Nic's (Bluejacket ship crafters) rigging class, and I can say that class was very, very helpful and I learned so much.  The only problem I have now is figuring out what my next project will be.

DSC00614.JPG

DSC00622.JPG

DSC00623.JPG

DSC00624.JPG

DSC00625.JPG

DSC00626.JPG

DSC00627.JPG

DSC00628.JPG

DSC00629.JPG

DSC00630.JPG

DSC00631.JPG

DSC00632.JPG

DSC00635.JPG

•  

Amazing details, what a wonderful build Jeff, you must be so happy with this ship, Great work!!    :cheers:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

That's nice how well the greenish-treated copper bottom came out.  'Shows one does not have to fuss with tiny plates or copper tape to have a decent effect.  Besides, it mostly underneath and not what the observer admires most - namely the fitting-out, masting and rigging ... all well-done.

Completed builds:  Khufu Solar Barge - 1:72 Woody Joe

Current project(s): Gorch Fock restoration 1:100, Billing Wasa (bust) - 1:100 Billings, Great Harry (bust) 1:88 ex. Sergal 1:65

1 hour ago, Snug Harbor Johnny said:

That's nice how well the greenish-treated copper bottom came out.  'Shows one does not have to fuss with tiny plates or copper tape to have a decent effect.  Besides, it mostly underneath and not what the observer admires most - namely the fitting-out, masting and rigging ... all well-done.

Thank you so much!  I agree with you on the coppering of the hull, I think in this scale it looks just as good if done right.  Glad you like.

•  

8 hours ago, MrBlueJacket said:

Nice job! Your customer file now shows you will get a 10% discount on the next kit you buy from us.

I can suggest the Smuggler, Charles P. Notman, Atlantic, Fannie Gorham, Bowdoin, or Alfred to name a few.....

Thank you Nic!

•  

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me