Trademark News

It's Official: the Nautical Research Guild's Model Ship World name and the MSW Logo are now trademarked by the U.S.Patent & Trademark Office

Members may have noticed the "TM" adjacent to the name and logo in the home page masthead.

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

No I never noticed,  here let me use my new BIG arrow  button  to go back up.  Yep its there  lol  :cheers: Have a Great new year hollowneck and to all of yours   !!!

Edited by Knocklouder
Typo of course

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

44 minutes ago, Knocklouder said:

No I never noticed,  here let me use my new BIG arrow  button  to go back up.  Yep its there  lol  :cheers: Have a Great new year hollowneck and to all of yours   !!!

This big black arrow button is the 💣! Thanks & a Peaceful and Healthy New Year back at’cha!

Ron

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

Thanks for the announcement.  I didn't realize that the trademark was a done deal until I saw this post.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

35 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Thanks for the announcement.  I didn't realize that the trademark was a done deal until I saw this post.

Mark - It's been approximately one year from when the NRG filed the paperwork with the feds; it took awhile, but the response time was nothing unusual...

Ron

UPDATE: MSW members will now note that there is a Marcas Registrada - ® - (registered trademark) adjacent to the MSW logo and the words "Model Ship World" on the home page header.

Rule of Law Progress.

Edited by hollowneck
Spelling

Ron