P-38J Wicked Woman by DocRob - FINISHED - Tamiya - 1/48

You got an impressive metallic finish with the rivet lines adding additional interest. The model is very well done with spotless clear transparent parts.

Nice job, bravo.

Kind regards,

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

16 hours ago, Egilman said:

She's a real beauty!!!

Freshly minted P-38!!! Nothing else comes close...

Well done Brother, very well done...

15 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Amazing job Rob!!  I've always been a sucker for redheads too 😉

14 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

She looks  Stunning in that  daylight   -  beautiful job.

14 hours ago, Doreltomin said:

Excellent looking model, if it weren't for the support would say a real plane! Also it was much feared by the Germans during the war, which called P38 "The two-tailed Devil".

Thank you Gentlemen, the so called Gabelschwanzteufel or Fork Tailed Devil was boring to build (Tamiya top quality :D) but fun to rivet and finish. My goal was to achieve a polished aluminum surface as shiny as possible and I devoted some time to develop my modus operandi.
It will not be my last NMF plane for sure, as some airframes look best with this finish, like a P-51 as well.

@Landlubber Mike Good that you've looked only for the hair, but hey, I have a weak spot here too ;).

Cheers Rob

Current builds:   "Big Tank" Crocker OHV motorcycle by DocRob - Model Factory Hiro - 1/9 
                             McLaren Mp4/6 - Ayrton Senna - Fujimi - 1/20 - paused
                             Duchess of Kingston - paused 

Finished builds: F4U-1A Corsair - Tamiya 1/32

USS Arizona 1/350 Eduard
                             Caudron C.561 French Racing Plane 1/48
                             Nachtigall on Speed Arado 234 B-2N by DocRob - 1/32 - Fly

Renault RE20 Turbo - Tamiya - 1/12
                             P-38J Wicked Woman - Tamiya - 1/48
                             AEG G.IV Creature of the Night - WNW - 1/32

13 hours ago, Danstream said:

You got an impressive metallic finish with the rivet lines adding additional interest. The model is very well done with spotless clear transparent parts.

Nice job, bravo.

Thank you Dan, I've just seen that you built the Arado 196B, which looks absolutely beautiful. Only yesterday, I held the box in my hand, thinking about, building the Arado next. I want to learn to airbrush camo patterns better freehanded, so it will be unlikely the Arado, but it's not finally decided.

Cheers Rob 

Current builds:   "Big Tank" Crocker OHV motorcycle by DocRob - Model Factory Hiro - 1/9 

USS Arizona 1/350 Eduard

2 hours ago, CDW said:

I really admire your work, Rob. I know how difficult it is to get a near-perfect natural metal finish like that. Beautiful. And I love that subject too, it's always been a favorite of mine the P-38.

Thank you Craig, you should do yourself a favor and get one of the Tamiya P-38 kits. There is nothing to regret.
I think, I learned a lot about finishing through my car builds. It's not perfect, but I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Cheers Rob

USS Arizona 1/350 Eduard

18 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Thank you Craig, you should do yourself a favor and get one of the Tamiya P-38 kits. There is nothing to regret.
I think, I learned a lot about finishing through my car builds. It's not perfect, but I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Cheers Rob

For me, even after all the years of doing it, it's never perfect. But being satisfied is 99.9% of the end result desired.

Excellent work!  Excellent finish!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me