Duesenberg SJ Roadster by pennytimeline - Monogram - 1/24

I got this kit a long time ago and it was missing the instruction manual and the four whitewall insert parts for the tires.  So it sat in my stash pile, until I found the whitewalls on ebay for $15.  Still waiting on the parts, but I found the instruction at Fotki.  Now, the instructions for some reason don't show steps 1 thru 8, but I think I can make it work.

So, here we go!

28dec2023-004.jpg

28dec2023-002.jpg

Nice start and congrats on finding the white wall inserts!  I love the cars from this period.  I have this one and a couple of the other Monogram kits of this series in the stash.  I heard they build into nice kits, so will be watching your progress with mucho interest!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

I have been wanting to build this kit for some time, but the instructions kept me from trying.  Then someone suggested Fotki.com and problem solved.  But, I was still missing the whitewalls and like magic, after many searches, the whitewalls were on ebay, hurray!

I decided on a Burgundy body on Black fenders and frame.  Right now, I'm trying to get the body tight to the rear fenders.

Edited by pennytimeline

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine built this model long time ago, (back in the 70's) and he was young. This model was way above his skill level.

This is looking good.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry