HMB Endeavour by kiwiron - FINISHED - OcCre - 1:54

Hi Ron

What are you on, will you please send me some ha ha.

Your build is moving on very fast.

Nice work well done.

Denis.

Hi Denis,Doing some at work just on my lunch break,cough.This is the easy bit.It will come to a screaming halt when i haveto start fairing the bulkheads,not my favourite job.

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Hi Ron

I agree fairing in not my favourite job, but we all have to do it :(  :(  ;) .

I am stuck on sorting the rigging on the SOS it is taking a long time ( I am dreaming rigging ropes when in bed , this is a bad sign ah ah ).

Denis.

Denis, don't cut the wrong thread when trimming your rigging,like a friend of mine did.Thanks Jeff,my first mistake cutting out notches for the bulkheads on my decks,lucky i found it before glueing them on.

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Decking done,the fore deck planks are all under full length so no joins there.onto the bulwarks now.Really enjoying it so far.

post-837-0-58157700-1385626715_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-05005800-1385626724_thumb.jpg

Thanks Denis,I like rigging but the boss won't give me time off to have fun so looks like you'll just haveto dream about it again.Can't get rid of this stupid underline either.

Just trying a simple jig seems to do the job.I'll make a better one later.Bulwarks linings with the odd clamp or two.

post-837-0-86318900-1385883081_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-07521000-1385883095_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-49622800-1385883101_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-01070400-1446413577_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-12110200-1446413626_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiwiron

as I coin what someone has already said.......you don't waste any time!   very nice deck work!  looks wonderful.......will enjoy following along!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Popeye,Just thinking what to do about bulwark top lining if i use the deck planks i won't have enough for the upper hull.Maybe leaving the lower deck un planked would have been better.I'll scratch around to see whats left from other kits.

don't have enough deck planking?   does it not tell you to do that?  I'm sure you wouldn't be satisfied by not planking all the decks.  how much scrap did you have left?  sometimes it's best to include the butt joints......I know you drew them in,  but by cutting the planking to scale planks,  you could have better utilized your planking and stretched it further.  what you might have to do now,  is look up the planking in the parts listing {for the size you'll need}.   you could try hobby or craft stores for it,  or contact the company to see if you can get more.

I hope you have some on hand :o

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hi Popeye,i've got some left but i'll use that above the wales,the yellow colour planks on the photo then it goes blue so see what i really need.

if you still have areas to be unpainted.........if areas are to be painted,  sub in some other type of wood........it won't matter,  because it will be painted.  then you can save the good wood for better things

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...

Bulwark linings done.Jig for gallant rails worked out o.k.Hatch covers next.

post-837-0-53226800-1446411009_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiwiron

Hi Ron

Great work. I'm guessing that the bulwarks at the bow were difficult but your result looks very crisp and clean. Look forward to more updates.

Cheers

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

looking sweet Ron.......very nice update!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Thanks a lot men for your comments,the bulwarks were easy enough with soaking and a basic jig,held in place temporarily with pins.I must say it's better letting the planks dry before you attach them.

Nice work Ron.... I see you're moving right along, good job on the bulwark linings  and gallant rail. Is there any way you can tone down the color of the trenails ? I think the overall look of the deck would benefit, but that's just my thoughts Ron, if you like the more pronounced look leave well enough alone. :)

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hi Frank this is with pencil a lot lighter than the felt pen i used to use.Looks good once all the deck work is done.How are your finnished pix going from your Supply?

Merry xmas chaps and have a good new year,i hope santa gives you more ship parts.. 

post-837-0-00616200-1446413759_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-49367500-1446413796_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-31765700-1446413849_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiwiron