Maine Lobster Boat by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Midwest Products

Since Sjors picks up the cheque, I'll have one too. Aioli, with dill, and Augi, you can gimme a scotch with it, not those bubbles. Show us the moves Popeye!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

thank you all again folks!  I keep telling the admiral that it's not true that ships are the only things we {I} think about......nice to know this proves my point.  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

As long as i pay…...

Sjors

Stop complaining.  You are still in the work force.  Many of us poor retirees live on fixed incomes , sleep in cardboard boxes and eat dog food.  This will be a real treat!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

ain't that the American way.........we live paycheck to paycheck.........our government has become too greedy to care about us  'little folk'

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Your a lucky guy Popeye,

You've got a pay check………we don't!

I only see it on the Internet  :angry:

And when I see it, everybody wakes up.

Anja always telling me at the end of the month….we are rich!

1 hour later………we are poor!

Sjors

but you ARE rich......you have each other...........just like us.   money comes and goes.......but what's important,  always stays constant!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Popeye, I recall a certain comedian telling his audience that money does buy happiness. His example was that money can buy jet-ski's and you never see sad  people on jet-ski's, huh?  ;)  I think we are all just impatiently waiting for an update on the lobster twins. This conversation got me thinking about seafood so much that I pan-seared some tilapia for supper tonight :P .Then I saw that Red Lobster is running their Lobster-fest promo. I think I know what I will be having for supper tomorrow.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

sorry Patrick.........I seem to be dragging my heels.   I kinda took yesterday off.......had a hard time gathering steam.  but,  today I spent some time on the AmericA.   I will get my butt in gear........they're not going to finish themselves.

good to see you know how to satisfy your itch........I'm a haddock fan myself.   I saw the add on TV.......too bad there are no Red Lobster's around here.

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hmmmm..   Since Sjors has the interenet, maybe we'll go to Red Lobster as well tomorrow night ........  and email him the check!!!!!!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

That sounds like a good idea Augie. If he stand us up we'll be forced to load our cannons! LMAO!!!

Thanks,

Patrick

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Hahahaha.  Poor Sjors.  He is going to need 1,000 guns to defend himself.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

......toooooo much! :D

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Gentleman…….I can READ!

Even it is early in the morning.

And Internet Augie?

I' m sending post pigeons ……..

And lucky me……Anja is taking care of the finance  :D

And Popeye? You are so right!

We have each other….and of course you my friends  :D

Sjors

I feel bad that I put these two aside,  to work on the AmericA..........I seem to have caused a ripple in the thread.   So I thought I'd give you a glimpse.......a bit of an idea,  as to what he'll look like when loaded up to head out. 

post-612-0-01776600-1362116018.jpg

post-612-0-41216900-1362116034.jpg

post-612-0-92289200-1362116040.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Headed out??????   I was hoping she'd be coming in, loaded with lobster.  :(  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

thanks John and Mark.... I was thinking about doing this,  figured I'd wait till I got back to 'em......but the natives were getting restless.

I know Andy.......I'm thinking about doing it......just have to figure out how.    I still have a bit to go yet

thanks for the good word!  ;)      really appreciate it guys!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Ditto to what Mark said and ditto to what Andy said. A really good work boat would definitely have signs of wear and tear. All in all, it's looking great.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Hey Popeye, glad to see the shipyard coming up to full speed!  The customer waiting for his yacht needs to understand that our working boats take priority.

Some weathering might be great and I know you'll leave no barnacle unturned.  But maybe the Cap'n had her reconditioned and only kept the old pots for their good luck!

Speaking of which, took the Base Commander out to Red Lobster for lobsterfest.  You are personally responsible for stimulating the US economy.  And I won't even send Sjors the check. :36:

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

She's looking really good Popeye and those lobster pots are brilliant, a bit of ageing would look good, if you need an idea just look at Sjors photo, that should help.

Mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

as mentioned gentlemen......thanks for the good words.   this gives me quite a bit to think about for when I get back to them.....combined with the ideas that I already have......I can see that I am not finished by a long shot.   we shall see ;)

now........now........don't pick on Sjors........he has a style all his own :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

VERY nice Popeye...look forward to the next installation!  Just needs a bait bin and sorting table, maybe a cooler full of cold beverages (it gets hot on the water during the summer, you know) and scale rubber bands for the lobster claws! 

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Oh my gosh Wayne, I can just see him doing that.  Remember, the different colors signify different weights!  And now I'm imagining how one would create a six-pack out of modeling material!  Look forward to the next bit of progress Popeye

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

that's in the plans Wayne........perhaps not the bevs though......I run a tight ship!  leave that for miller time :)

it can be done Sarah.......I have bev containers in my M&M build.......the dollhouse dept can be a good place to find cool things.  there was a time that I wouldn't frequent craft stores......but now,  it's a whole different story.   the jewelry dept.....stenciling.......just a few places where things can be found to accentuate the hobby.  gotta be careful of the colors though.......don't want to clash ;)

dowel would also be a good material to make bottles and cans

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Sarah, He'll be making old fashioned coke bottles with his window maker, bear and spinach tins from brass tubes, and rubber bands from strips o' paper. He'll probably has it all worked out already!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

She's looking really good Popeye and those lobster pots are brilliant, a bit of ageing would look good, if you need an idea just look at Sjors photo, that should help.

Mobbsie

No comment…….

Sjors