Just Wishing ...work benches (edited)

Woodcraft carries that same brand in two smaller sizes - one about 3 foot long and the other about 5 foot long - the smaller one is called Hobby Plus 850 and is priced around $360 (USD) - I picked up the smaller one about a year ago on one of Woodcraft's year end sales. Perfect for model work in a small work area. Has all the features of the larger sized ones. They are made in Sweden by Sjobergs. Am very satisfied with mine. The larger one is the Hobby Bench 1340 and is priced around $412 (USD)

Hobby Plus 850

158464.jpg?rand=268009686

Edited by Jack12477

The Sjöberg work benches are so good they are being used in the wood classes in Sweden.

Remember my wood classes in the 70's, the quality is outstanding.

Definitely worth the money. Plus there are many accessories available as well.

Here is the link to the company. I made it sure you have it in English.

Edited by Nirvana

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Yes, but if you had one, you'd have to eat at the kitchen table! :)

Tom

Current: Sergal Sovereign of the Seas

Previous builds:  AL Swift, AL King of the Mississippi, Mamoli Roter Lowe, Amati Chinese Junk, Caesar, Mamoli USS Constitution, Mantua HMS Victory, Panart San Felipe, Mantua Sergal Soleil Royal

For those not in the market for a cheap bench (vs. "pretty"), Home Depot has this six foot bench with a frame made of 2/4's and a nice thick top.  I bought one a while ago and it is very stable.  the price is $69 so you don't mind drilling holes to anchor equipment. I had not seen it for awhile and noticed them in stock again the other day.

Richard

Edited by rtropp

Richard
Member: The Nautical Research Guild
                Atlanta Model Shipwrights

Current build: Syren

Richard

I have one from Home Depot and Harbor Fright. Put one on each wall and screwed  brackets on the end of the benches then glued and screwed two pieces of 3/4" mdf together to fill in the corner.  Works for me.

Tom

I like that I don't even have a kitchen table, that's where I model.

Tj

Richard

I have one from Home Depot and Harbor Fright. Put one on each wall and screwed  brackets on the end of the benches then glued and screwed two pieces of 3/4" mdf together to fill in the corner.  Works for me.

Tom

I like that I don't even have a kitchen table, that's where I model.

Tj

I use two of the Harbor Freight benches, put back to back to form a workplace island.  For lightweight work like modeling, I don't think you can find a cheaper bench of that relative quality (you can find them at HF for about $125-130 on sale).  Those benches in the original post looks really nice though :)

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)