Jeanne D'Arc by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Heller - 1:400 - PLASTIC

Looking really good and not to un similar to the Airfix HMS Fearless kit  probably from around the same time.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Looking nice DENIS...... only a guy with a name like "POPEYE" could handle as many builds as you do  :D:D...

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Denis

I have seen it in a number of places but it is a little hard to find who is selling it. Here is one as an example though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heller-1-400-Jeanne-DArc-Derniere-Campagne-Carrier-Upgraded-Model-Kit-/252673196188?epid=1342588695&hash=item3ad47f009c:g:dYUAAOxyNo9Sub5g

There may be better offers out there.

Lou

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

that's not too bad of a price Lou......considering it comes with the upgrades,  and the scale size of the kit.   I can imagine how small the P.E. is.........there are many small parts in this kit.   this kit has definitely whet my appetite for something larger and more notable....perhaps when I whittle down my current overload of projects ;) 

hello Frank........thanks for the good word  :)    even Popeye,  when it comes to kit projects,  doesn't know his own strength  ;)    getting back into plastic for the time being has been nice.......but I have been getting 'wood' pangs.......making the stand for this model kinds entertained me a little.  I should be getting back to the wood realm very soon  :)  

thanks OC.........I've not seen that kit.   I belong to the Airfix forum.......I should look it up,  since I have the link to the model site as well.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I used to build most ot the 1/600 Airfix ships when I was a lad, they were quite crude by todays standards, but none the less an enjoyable experience,  I remember on one occasion I went with my late parents down to Portsmouth (UK) Navy Days and was brought a Airfix model ship from their  HMS Devonshire I think it was,  that made building the model that much more significant.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Hi Denis,

Is it too late to do anything with the hanger doors now or could you chop a section out and turn the chopper around.

Your making really good progress and your certainly achieving good results.

I may not say much but I am watching from the sidelines and enjoying what I see, keep it up my friend.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

hello Mobbsie.......the doors are cemented in place.  sadly....too late for that.    I think the best thing to do,  would be to place the two with the folded rotors near the elevator,  and leave it at that.   the kit might have been better to supply one or two smaller ones.....it would have made it look more possible.   as mentioned,  the reason why the ship was decommissioned,  was due to the fact it had become outdated, with 'copters getting larger and heavier.   personally,  I think it might have saved her life,  if they converted her to a coast guard vessel,  or play a less combative role in their nation's security.

thanks for the good word  :)   always glad to have you following along  ;)    where's that new project.......ya start it yet?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

thanks for the e-mail this morning Lou.......it really got me think'in.   I looked over the differences,  and thought they were kinda cool!   the depth charges have me wondering though.......I believe they modified them and have them along side the superstructure.   I'll have to look at the pictures I have of the actual vessel to see if I can see the proper placement.   I'm not to keen on where the instructions have them.

I got out of work early yesterday........not too keen on the current direction my job is going.   I did a bit of tinkering with the model,  and continued this morning.  I should have an update very soon :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

it took little effort to see where the depth charges were located.   looking at the instructions,  it looks as if they have you cementing then in the recesses aftward of the superstructure.   my first thought was,  from that height {point of launch to impact in the water},  this might cause them to detonate prematurely.   glad to see that they are actually located at deck level.   the next thought was the supplied railings........they are all straight pieces.   there are some curved areas to consider here,  and judging on how brittle they are.....bending would have to be done using heat.   how much would be needed,  as not to distort the plastic?   leaving that to think about....there was one thing I had to do....cement on that last stabilizer so it doesn't get lost again!

59e76d5e51241_1.jpg.6fff056bfecccaab702d246a6d3c50bd.jpg

the depth charges and the aerial antenna that locates on the funnel,  were assembled at this time.   I will have to make a second set of legs for the charges rack.

59e76de71272d_2.jpg.7443fa895451b9d464711dc7c29b9b6e.jpg

there is to be a railing around the uppermost part of the superstructure.   this is what started me to think.....do I leave gaps where they are,  or do I try to bend the railings to shape these areas?

59e76e6fb87c3_3.jpg.738ccdc964f488e92a70fe0f793a5f3b.jpg

the answer and idea came from an e-mail I got from one of the onlookers..........I looked at the Titanic railings.

59e76ee609f87_4.jpg.6393f842abe70781d943353ba0f1b67c.jpg

I still have quite a bit of it......and some it won't be used on her anyway.   the plastic used for these parts is very flexible......I was using my x-actor knife handle,  as well as my pick handle for the smaller curves.  it seemed the heat from my fingers was all that was required....I only had one breakage,  and that fell at a cut off point......so I lucked out  ;)   it really didn't take long either....I tried to stay with the same number of rungs,  as the supplied railings.

59e7705447050_5.jpg.e95f84759b4b7049aeecae2d6a53a6ce.jpg

59e77063a09cd_6.jpg.8a9e2b475ae9cfe9cdf2d491b0d6503f.jpg

59e7706ec5fd9_7.jpg.b4ad7bbfa87925bc89e2f51aba2f8e6b.jpg

it looks better given a coat of battleship gray.......I failed to shake it enough,  so it will need a second coat.

59e770e4ea4af_8.jpg.d8af5d956631aae426f339c73c49b5eb.jpg

59e77102a5e91_9.jpg.78298ed52757d18e40b53d298fc121c8.jpg

second coat and some touch ups to the asphalt color.   I added some of the radar bits as well........lost one of the range finders {like the one next to the funnel}.  I made one from scratch.

59e7712d390c4_10.jpg.2199d3f98f9f46961f511fe169f60714.jpg

the helicopters were a toss up.........I could go with the gray camo,  or the military green camo.......the military won out.   there is really no wrong way to paint them...civilian aircraft was often visiting the ship from time to time.   the life boats were also painted in the battleship gray.

59e7721f273a7_11.jpg.85ad394f297ae85de92a89f84d2e0bd4.jpg

I would like to get the main deck on the model before I paint the hull.   to do that though,  the bow needs to be addressed first.......mainly the anchor chain.   I do have to apologize ahead of time about the color.  I see it in the pictures......I see it in other models........white anchor chain.   >really<   chain goes into the water......chain come out of the water......chain goes though a grease laden windlass system {depending on how 'well oiled' the machinery is}.......I see anything but a solid white.   while I wrestled with a more notable color,  I added the bollards and the capstan tops to the fore deck.   there is no direction on how to run the chain either,  so I'll be relying on pictures here.

59e774c1709cd_12.jpg.cfe7a2d7c05e4f9a6245f63d8b666c41.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Some good work going into it my friend, your doing great work there.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

thanks OC  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Denis, nice work reviving an old kit. I like the various work arounds you've used to correct deficiencies in the fittings.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

hello John......haven't seen you for a while.   wondered where you had gone  ;)    I've been watching all these ships being built......and my son drops this one off to me.  I felt a strong urge to put 'er together.   happy to have you aboard...and thanks for the good word.

thanks Ken.......I found another.   the instructions pointed to a place on the stern for this one part to go........come to find out,  it's the wrong place.   to relocate it meant cleaning up the blemish on the stern,  and fixing the part so it could be reused.   once it's painted,  it should look alright.

should have something of an update soon  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I took Sunday and today off from work.......kinda worked out,  since it was the premier of the Walking Dead, season 8,  and our youngest grandson's birthday.  the only thing I got done yesterday,   was the hull painting {finally}.   of course,  I had to do a couple of thing that made it harder to do........but I managed to get 'er done.   Friday was when I did the stupid stuff.   there was a reason for my madness.....I did them along the lines of painting the upper hull and painting them along with it.   this was adding the railings on the fore deck.   

59ee20aecd8ab_1.jpg.9ed095e80842f764abf39e337075f40e.jpg

I later added insult ti injury,  by adding the two antennas that locate near the tip of the bow.   I had also added a part to the stern that needed to go somewhere else.   glued down pretty good,  I had to slice it off with a razor,  and repair the damage.   the part was salvageable and was relocated to where it was to go.  I used a small piece of brass to cover where I had sliced it off the hull,  making it look smooth again.   once painted the hull color,  it should look Ok.   looking at the pictures,  this bit of bulwark {I believe it's what it is} can be clearly seen..........along with something else too,  that I will address.

jeanne5.jpg.a03f031f0214b5bb9c86dce537a0f82d.jpg

59ee22cbc65c7_2.jpg.f715d4f52a1d86532ff135c858b88687.jpg

the brasswork is hard to see...I still need to clean it up the rest of the way in this picture.   I went to work on Saturday..........but on Sunday,  I got to do a little on her......even if it was just the hull painting.   after cleaning up the stern....ie,  the nonconformity,  the upper hull was painted.   later,  before leaving to go to our youngest grandson's birthday party,  the bottom paint.   I have to say......and I shouldn't because I'll jinx it.........the rudder and the prop parts have stood very well,  being cemented on earlier in the assembly.......Murphy must be on vacation,  or something?!?!?     anyway........

59ee25f180ae1_3.jpg.4f399d4fa71bf45741a01ab819d90438.jpg

I ran the masking to a point at the stern and rounded it off afterwards.

59ee26246a768_4.jpg.c24a5bfc5de7259bc50edf8ab8e6605d.jpg

the upper paint has been done and dried.....

59ee264c8fab1_5.jpg.cdc9f73779e85659324ebed97b8b4a15.jpg

59ee26582fe4e_6.jpg.385b9a91ce895cc1594cf778f521d9e3.jpg

I did some more clean up at the stern.   this morning.......I said the heck with it.   the main deck is now cemented in place.

59ee26ae4c4ff_7.jpg.ce6add3d16eab70d53acb5853402aff3.jpg

I wanted to fill the gaps at the two aft sections and get them prepped up,  to be touched up.   then I  can finally paint those two walls.

59ee26db6440d_8.jpg.7097edaecefd1d56e5bf50a74b60042d.jpg 

I had also painted the stand too........I dded the name plate to it and painted it a pale gray..a Billing's color.   I'm really going to make it a point to go through the rest of those paints and find out what is good or not.   I've had these paints since Billing USA closed shop.

more to update soon..........thanks for look'in in  :) 

#9.jpg

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Very tidy work  and thats a good fix of the problem you encounted, we all have these little spanners thrown at our works, that push us to find inspiration.  I can ralate to your prop shaft rudder situation, I managed to break of one of the rudders and broke off one of the spinner blades(mine was a war related issue from a mine);)

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

thanks OC and John......I thought it was about time the hull got painted.   I didn't use an air brush though......my extensive use of one in the past has made me rather lax in replacing old brushes,  so I had to work with what I have.   I'm not totally pleased with the quality of the paint job,  but it's good enough to pass muster.  the items that I mentioned that I would have to make from scratch,  is a pair of DRBN - 34A navigation radar units that locate at the stern of the ship.  for some reason,  the kit does not include them.....can't see why not,  they are quite visible....even in the picture above.   I have been collecting these plastic replica credit cards,  that you'd get in mailings for credit advertisement....I and the admiral get quite a few of them.   some are paper,  but the plastic ones I keep.

59ef44c3c5a83_1.jpg.6648ff21173e423cea5f66753e26b054.jpg

there's a couple that show signs that I tried to rip them up....I'm no Hercules :D  :D    cutting them into strips......cut to size.......I used model cement to assemble them.

59ef4543296bf_2.jpg.11189ff1c611c81e83c99cb442924574.jpg

after a bit of trial and error,  I got a pair that were fairly identical.  I went to sand them so I could add the tops to them,  and they fell apart rather easily......the glue did not work on them.   I was able to salvage the parts....the glue comes off very easily with the finger nails.   I will try CA to see if it will work  ;)   thanks for the good word and also the likes  :) 

I've also been working on decals for the helicopters.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I tried to use those cards also, but it's weird material. Very difficult to cut and indeed immune to plastic model glue.

Back to the trusted Evergreen sheet plastic...or a cheaper spin off. 

Robin :)

WIP: No ships atm...sorry!🙄

Completed: Greek bireme - Dusek - scale 1:72

Louie da fly: "I think it requires a special kind of insanity to choose a galley to build a model of."

there use to be a hobby shop where I used to get plastruct and evergreen products.   they moved out of town and I haven't made it out to their new location.  I've been able to find everything I need at Hobby Lobby.   I will have to hunt that place down one of these days......either that,  go online and buy it  ;) 

I think the CA is working.......at least I can handle it a little bit {I've only made one so far}.   I like this stuff.......it's only about a 32nd thick  ;)    thanks for look'in in Robin :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Denis, you may want to try Tamiya Extra Thin plastic cement. I think it has MEK or Methyl-ethyl ketone. Works best on bare plastic, since we're welding the parts.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Hi Denis

You may want to try and sand the surface and edges of your cut out parts prior to gluing. The CC card plastic may be coated to protect the printing. Just a thought.

Lou  

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Still with you Denis. Nice progress.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

thanks for the tips gents :)    the super glue seems to be doing the trick......I have two rectangular boxes made!   one of them already has the top done.....the other one is still in sanding phase.   now I'll have to figure out how to do the large vents at the rear,  and of course,  a couple of doors perhaps.  basically,  there some more painting being done......I should have another update soon  :) 

thanks for look'in in and the likes!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I just finished the DRBN - 34A radar units......not too bad for wing'in it ;)    the CA worked better,  but if I got too rough with them,  a seam would come apart and I would have to repair it.    I got the top on one of them......the other one was going through a repair job.

59f0d03e9064c_1.jpg.8882e466790d3e9ea06b3a9eecb22a32.jpg

in between this,  I assembled the folded props for a couple of the helicopters.  the other two will sport the extended ones.   they have all been painted by this time.

59f0d09be01bd_2.jpg.92d062b05da4e2130bc9e7fb1033b329.jpg

59f0d0ff2145c_3.jpg.abb11a8cd4f8710ef28d523471c27450.jpg

the other two helicopters then got the light tan added for the camo.........could have done better with it,  but their OK I guess.  I came up with a good way to make the vents on the aft end of the radar units.......better than I first though of......making the vents from thin strips of the card.   I used some clippings from the railings.

59f0d197cfba5_4.jpg.cec6ebfb1e46f64c173cea94b2084d5d.jpg

then added a tiny rectangle of brass for the door....

59f0d1b99b090_5.jpg.ea1aa006a4ad38e27989bae9b074efe7.jpg

inside the vents were painted with flat black........then the outer parts and the box itself was painted with battleship gray.   now........are you ready for the big bummer?   I wasn't :(    both of them together are too wide for the 100 mm guns.   perhaps I'll just go with a single one........in other pictures,  they are not on deck.  so,  perhaps they are stored below deck when not in use.

59f0d2bd6d433_6.jpg.f1e165ee9caaf5f0253b2141e2f8f9ff.jpg

59f0d2ca92a17_7.jpg.17927842b56d127ae7ac1dff0cb5fcef.jpg

a small section of railing was added to the aft port side,  along with a sort of shield for the stairway.   what can I say......I gave it a shot  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

here it is again........Friday......tomorrow I go back to work :(   if I didn't loath the place so much,  it wouldn't be so bad.    but big changes are com'in down the pike......changes that may have me look'in for another job.   they're keep'in it a secret....and allowing the rumor mill to go full tilt.  such as the way of life >shrug<

between yesterday and today,  quite a bit has been done.   I even went as far,  as to cement some of the finished sub assemblies in place.   really put some distance in the progress dept. ;)    I mentioned that I had made decals for the Helicopters......I used white decal paper,  so I could get the white in the decals.  I'll just have to cut the decals a lot closer to the images.   basically,  all I do is save the images of decal sheets and reproduce them with the decal maker.

59f3a6147b387_1.jpg.d4198b2c69259bd47649a357ee05dc90.jpg

I did these,  changing the background color........I think I have some tiny letters and numbers that I can use.  these didn't look too good.

59f3a6708e7ea_2.jpg.13a924a3d874e57e5f7ea26b50f621dd.jpg

I started the camo on the 'choppers...I haven't done this in a while,  so they didn't come out the way I wanted them to.   I'll be touching them up,  once I get them all done.  the props were all painted flat black by this time.......the folded ones were left to do.

59f3a7357485a_3.jpg.9421ea32f01de403c849adb11bdd5252.jpg

the railings and the aft decks were painted at the stern of the ship.   the two end walls were done as well.

59f3a7b8a488e_4.jpg.f35110e58003d56445ae59127b46632d.jpg

59f3a7d233815_5.jpg.98fd47821060b55125653032ba347bc3.jpg

after a few touch ups,   the stern's lower railings were created.   they had to be bent enough to make the curvature,  broken by that short section of solid bulwark {or whatever it's called}.

59f3a87f11989_6.jpg.5498844573d1b287884d09e9c8188976.jpg

59f3a88b25262_7.jpg.dc2ce7e62d46b0176360f0ffcd669906.jpg

the fun got broken up again by another trip to the stores.   it wasn't totally a drudge-day......I got to buy some paints and a few other neat items ;)   I'd continue with the events of today,  but the admiral is hungry,  and she wants burgers on the grill.   pretty soon,  I'll be grill'in in snow.......if things keep going the way they are.......it will be sooner than later.   I'm so sorry to hear that some of you folks in the Midwest,  are already deal'in with it  :( 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

......and we're back!   the burgers were swell :) ........watched a movie with Gibbs while I ate ;)    jes' don't get no better than that!   thanks for the good word John......things aren't going my way 100%,  but,  it's passable.   yea,  today had it's let down......but I'll get to that.  but first......the stern after the railings got painted.

59f3cb8a776ac_1.jpg.4ae6692bd9554a9181ea758630c1d3f9.jpg

59f3cbb6ccf79_2.jpg.521ccc19fcce47714b7285440e1c7096.jpg

59f3cbc836fee_3.jpg.9aa3db3000d405bc23f4938e6951a055.jpg

then the 'choppers got the rest of the camo paint...

59f3cc0eabcb4_4.jpg.9e6c47a7f3152121cd504cd3062999ee.jpg

some of the completed sub assemblies were added to the stern section.  as mentioned,  I used only one of the DRBN - 34A navigational radar units......I think it will suffice,  considering the kit didn't have them in the first place.   I wasn't going to waste the effort I put into them either ;) 

59f3ccd7b601d_5.jpg.c878d75c57e0bd5afc7de9bdf9da849b.jpg

I then remembered that I still needed to do a decal on the elevator platform......a caution border with a yellow stripe down the length of the platform.   that's when I found out how thin and delicate the decals were.  you guessed it........it ended up breaking apart when I tried to position it.  it's nice that Heller used flat colors in making the decals.....I'd hit them with the bonder,  but then they would have a glossy appearance.   I did me best to use only flat paints on this model.....there is no such thing as a shiny military ship ;)    to remedy the missing decal,  I'll run a yellow stripe down the center of the platform,  and call it good.   the numbers on the superstructure suffered some damage as well.....pretty minor....I can try to fix them with some flat black paint.   the superstructure is now cemented on the deck.

59f3cef66d8db_6.jpg.0e1c65253b2fc7104da67b618fe65616.jpg

59f3cf10a78de_7.jpg.22a84f879a3621d00e65b9bfd602ae50.jpg

the tops of the capstans and bollards were added to the stern section......along with a couple of short antennas.   these parts are so small......they are hardly seen in the grand scope of things.   you just notice that the locator holes are gone.

59f3cf9696980_8.jpg.3f9f3c59a22342922dd4a3f178039ab3.jpg

I didn't put the yellow stripe on till a bit later on......even that was a feat of blunders.....but I managed to fix it so it would pass muster.   the superstructure got some of the other sub assemblies added to it,  along with some touch ups.

59f3d0347bb1c_9.jpg.cd8f2c2c13c42c9688c1e3aceb9d28c3.jpg

I added the forward pair of 100 mm guns when the admiral mentioned that we needed to go to the store..........food shopping.   will this madness ever end?

thanks again for the good word John.......and thanks to everyone else for the likes :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

2 hours ago, Jim Lad said:

She's still coming along nicely, Popeye.

John

Hi john,  we are creating quite a plastic army on here, its so good to find a home on here along with all the wood builds.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

She is looking really good now all the hard work is paying off, and Wow how it makes a difference when you get some bits on here.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.