Artesanía Latina is back!?

Cold_Fire

At the bottom "About us" some company by the name "Excellence model kits S.L.U" is mentioned, but searching for that name provides nothing.

But both facebook and artesanialatina.net are functional.
Since the cover page is showing Test page and the very bottom read 2020, well I think they are back.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Looks like they're now in Spain.   They had a heck of a roadtrip from Italy to Vietnam and now Spain.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

11 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Looks like they're now in Spain.   They had a heck of a roadtrip from Italy to Vietnam and now Spain.  

Mark, my only Artesania Latina box which is about 20 years old has the address in Spain, I didn't know they had been located in Italy. 

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

I'm probably wrong about Italy then.  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

11 minutes ago, Cabbie said:

Oh well mark there is always a first time for everyone.😉

Well it sure isn't my first time.  LOL.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Just looking through the new site and in order to create an account or use the instant checkout

you have to give them your Id or Passport number.

To me that sounds a bit strange.

https://artesanialatina.net/en/autenticacion?back=my-account

On 7/2/2020 at 11:49 PM, mtaylor said:

All the kits I've purchase since the 70s gave their address as Barcelona Spain. No idea where their manufacturing site was located. 

Still can't see why they want them, card details name and address seems to be good enough anywhere else.

They will have my money, why does a Spanish bureaucracy need passport/id numbers.

Maybe in your case collecting an insurance payout is fair enough, but i would be sending a small

amount of money in. Wouldn't be getting mine anyway, not going to buy anymore AL kits.

Hooroo Chris

Local retailers, or other online retailers, should have better prices for you than buying direct. AL will put the "suggested retail prices" on their site, which is rarely what retailers sell at. Wait until the pipeline is filled again and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised. 

Rick Shousha

Montreal

• 6 months later...

HI

Artesania Latina was a company that began many years ago in Barcelona, after a while it moved to a town in Cantabria (province of Spain) until its disappearance.

So he seems an Andalusian businessman who has admired his products since he was a child and has bought the brand through the company EXCELLENCE MODEL KITS S.L.U in Aznalcazar, a town in the province of Seville (Spain).

At the moment the web page seems like a reconstruction of the old one, still unfinished.

Hopefully in their new journey they improve in quality and design.

In the following link there is a video of the new owner of the brand, in subtitles you can read in English

https://youtu.be/IGYFW6jp2LA

Salutacions

Belco