HMS Enterprise by Kevin - CAF - 1/48 - August 2020

The CAF enterprize is very difficult, I'm finishing it, it took me almost 5 years, I made a lot of modifications, changing 60% of the materials and using other designs. The Kit plans were copied from the Shipyard Kit - 1/64 - CARD drawings, bringing them to 1/48 scale but they are not very precise, so this created quite a few difficulties. It's a shame because CAF has higher quality kits, especially the latest products.

Current build  

Enterprize

Schifetto

Completed builds:

LA BELLE

La Jacinthe French Schooner

Cherful

Tartana Gemma

Carmenia           

Salvatore Padre 

Tartana Gemma

Bisquine La Granvillaise

Fishing-boat

English pinnace

18th Century Longboat

3 hours ago, iosto said:

The CAF enterprize is very difficult, I'm finishing it, it took me almost 5 years, I made a lot of modifications, changing 60% of the materials and using other designs. The Kit plans were copied from the Shipyard Kit - 1/64 - CARD drawings, bringing them to 1/48 scale but they are not very precise, so this created quite a few difficulties. It's a shame because CAF has higher quality kits, especially the latest products.

lovely to hear from you again, in my dreams i will finish her, in reality i doubt she will ever be advanced, my skill levels dont seam to be improving, maybe i should stop fooling myself and stick to kits

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 2 months later...

I spent a couple hours browsing this build log, as I am very interested in attempting this kit. Left me wondering if I am not biting more than I can chew! But if one does not attempt a greater challenge, progress is not achieved!

Greetings

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

9 hours ago, Ulises Victoria said:

I spent a couple hours browsing this build log, as I am very interested in attempting this kit. Left me wondering if I am not biting more than I can chew! But if one does not attempt a greater challenge, progress is not achieved!

Greetings

this one is brilliant, but bellona

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

On 11/13/2023 at 4:48 PM, Ulises Victoria said:

Greetings

So did you get the kit? I bought it a year or so ago, have been intimidated to start due to the level of difficulty and the mods/ excellent skills required to overcome the kit’s weaknesses. I started on the keel and jig assy. but had bad parts on the jig and after receiving them I haven’t started again. The keel and deadwood assembly fit is awesome, getting all the seams lined up and mating symmetrically is a challenge, nice material and great laser cutting so far….

Edited by ASAT

20 hours ago, ASAT said:

So did you get the kit? I bought it a year or so ago, have been intimidated to start due to the level of difficulty and the mods/ excellent skills required to overcome the kit’s weaknesses. I started on the keel and jig assy. but had bad parts on the jig and after receiving them I haven’t started again. The keel and deadwood assembly fit is awesome, getting all the seams lined up and mating symmetrically is a challenge, nice material and great laser cutting so far….

Hello ASAT,

I have not bought the kit yet. I'm planning to do it by the end of this month when I am to receive a generous amount of money. The kit is not cheap!

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

30 minutes ago, Ulises Victoria said:

Hello ASAT,

I have not bought the kit yet. I'm planning to do it by the end of this month when I am to receive a generous amount of money. The kit is not cheap!

That’s great U, are you planning on doing a build log? If you do, I will definitely follow it and maybe even start one with you, that way we could collaborate on the frustrating parts! 🤔😀

4 minutes ago, ASAT said:

That’s great U, are you planning on doing a build log? If you do, I will definitely follow it and maybe even start one with you, that way we could collaborate on the frustrating parts! 🤔😀

Yes ASAT, I will definitely start a build log. It'd be awesome to build along, however I have to finish my AL Soleil Royal (link in my sig). Not sure how long it will take. I'm in the first stages.

26 minutes ago, Ulises Victoria said:

Yes ASAT, I will definitely start a build log. It'd be awesome to build along, however I have to finish my AL Soleil Royal (link in my sig). Not sure how long it will take. I'm in the first stages.

Wow, that reminds me of the vintage (1992) Mantua SOS kit I also have waiting in the wings….looking great - I’ll move further comments and talk of build logs into your Soleil log so we don’t clutter up Kevin’s build log….

On 11/16/2023 at 2:05 AM, Ulises Victoria said:

Hello ASAT,

delivery and import taxes are not cheap either, i think i paid over £100 import taxes to UK

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

On 11/18/2023 at 2:25 PM, Kevin said:

delivery and import taxes are not cheap either, i think i paid over £100 import taxes to UK

There is a similar issue in the USA. Usually, the limit is at $800. Under that amount, they will not tax you or bother you.

Fortunately, CAF Model sells some of their kit in "Sessions", allowing each session to stay well under the limit of $800 and not arise Customs attention.

That is what I did with the Bellona, purchasing each session independently.

In Europe and UK in general, officials and custom services are a lot greedier and therefore, it is difficult to procure these kits.

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

• 3 months later...

Coming back to a build table near me, my Enterprize will be continued as soon as Indy is completed, provided i can remember where i put her

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 1 month later...

Hello Kevin,

It's been a while since I've logged in here and here I find your amazing CAF Enterprise. What a fantastic job you are doing with her! 

My darling wife of 38 years passed away earlier this year and I've found that staying busy and focusing my mind on projects is the best way of dealing with my loss. My Caldercraft Victory is perhaps 80% complete and I've been working on her rigging and found that I hate doing it, so I'm setting it aside. I've been thinking about going over to the dark side, but don't have the skills or the tools to scratch build, so doing this POF Enterprise is very appealing...and there's no rigging to do! I have her in my cart at CAF and I'm ready to hit the button on it. I will follow your build very closely as I wade into the project!

Best wishes,

Patrick