Greetings from the Cumberland Mountains

Good Morning to all. My name is Randy and I come to you from the Cumberland Mountain area of Virginia USA. I've built models of all kinds all my life including a 1/96 scale armed sloop from a solid hull kit when in my youth. I've always planned to build another but never got around to it until recently when a friend gifted me a Mamoli POB kit of the privateer "Rattlesnake". I came across this site, started reading the build logs, and got all ramped up again. There is some magnificent work displayed here. Thank you for letting me join this very talented group of men and women.

Welcome to MSW, Randy! Having already done some ship modelling in the past you're starting from a better place than some new people. And it's like riding a bike - you never really forget how to do it; you just wobble a bit when you first get back into the saddle. Yes, certainly start a build log. There's a lot of experienced people in the group who you can turn to for advice and help as you embark on this journey.

Don't be too concerned if you make mistakes - it's a learning process and your modelling improves every time you do another build.

And have fun with it - that's why we do this stuff!

Edited by Louie da fly