I am looking for a vendor for boxwood blocks for my MS Constitution.  The kit supplied blocks are not very good.  Syren, from whom I have bought excellent blocks in the past, does not seem to have any at the moment. I have inquired as to when they will again be available but have received no response. Thanks for your help.

Should have more in a couple of weeks.

At Syren. A few weeks ago I completely sold out of every size.  Except for a handful of triple blocks, I literally sold them all over a four day period. Which was insane.  About 20,000 blocks.

so i have been slowly restocking them.  I am about 1/2 way through making more.

Good Evening Druxey;

It would seem that suddenly half the World's population have been forced into taking early (and hopefully temporary) retirement. In that event, a fair number will, it must be hoped, turn to building model ships as a great way to fill the time that work no longer takes up. 

I just hope, though, that the bill for all the 'temporary pensions' does not land on my doormat with too much of a bang!

All the best,

Mark 

Previously built models (long ago, aged 18-25ish) POB construction. 32 gun frigate, scratch-built sailing model, Underhill plans.

2 masted topsail schooner, Underhill plans.

Started at around that time, but unfinished: 74 gun ship 'Bellona' NMM plans. POB 

On the drawing board: POF model of Royal Caroline 1749, part-planked with interior details. My own plans, based on Admiralty draughts and archival research.

Always on the go: Research into Royal Navy sailing warship design, construction and use, from Tudor times to 1790. 

Member of NRG, SNR, NRS, SMS

The NRG store has been doing increased business during the pandemic.  People are building and reading.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

1 hour ago, Mark P said:

It would seem that suddenly half the World's population have been forced into taking early (and hopefully temporary) retirement.

After working full bore through the pandemic, I have just executed a long planned retirement.  A couple weeks of decompression and model building will begin anew.  Several models in the ways and in the planning stages.  I will be coming to Chuck for blocks and line at some time in the couple-months-down-the-line future.

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

Congratulations Chuck!

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

...and looking forward to the October 2021 NRG Conference in Oxnose.

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)