King of the Mississippi by Adrieke - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:80 - with LED lighting

sudomekh I have learned never to trust instructions (especially AL ones) but my skill set at the moment is not high enough to do anymore. don't forget those hand railings are only 2x2 mm wide and sapeli wood which is not good for fine work. maybe in a few years :)

thanks Robbyn :) yes very close I am fighting to urge to go quick and finish her lol

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

the steam stacks have been installed and I am now working on the reinforcement cables

post-622-0-42120300-1385868643_thumb.jpg

you can see the mast has got some masking tape around it. this is because I have now broken that mast 5 times in 3 different places :(  I have no dowels left

what I might do is check if I have plenty of dowels from the GF. I would need to remake the 3 parts as these dowels are a different color

sudomekh I have learned never to trust instructions (especially AL ones) but my skill set at the moment is not high enough to do anymore. don't forget those hand railings are only 2x2 mm wide and sapeli wood which is not good for fine work. maybe in a few years :)

thanks Robbyn :) yes very close I am fighting to urge to go quick and finish her lol

pear .... take ... you can do it without problems 0.5x0.5 circular saw

immediately ... you should submit that 2 mm on a scale of 1/100 it is 0.2 m

have you seen ... such railing?

no offense ... the appetite will come during the meal)))

sudomekh no offense but as I have mentioned before I am still new to making wooden ship models and as such do not have the skillset to even try to go that detailed at this point in time

wow its looks so nice now how did u break the mast  is that when u was putting taper to it at the and of it 

.......and the admiral keeps wondering why I buy extra dowels ;)    looking very good Andrieke :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

thanks dragzz :) and its just me being clumsy

unfortunately Brian my budget for the rest of the years has been blown so I ll have to do with what I have.

thanks sudomekh . I will learn don't you worry  ;)

thanks Popeye :)

i promised my admiral that i would stick to a budget every month, even if its only a few dollars

Adriann, I know exactly what you mean about tight budgets...if the dowel will work as is, then use it...possibly it can be changed at a later date if needed.

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

yes I might replace it later on :mellow:

for now work continues on the steam stack cables. its tedious but I am enjoying it , possibly because I know its now all coming together :)

post-622-0-62241400-1385985694_thumb.jpg

the 3 red arrows show where the mast has been broken , its holding for now

coming together nicely Andrieke.....the stacks look great!   looks like your almost at the finish line!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

adrieke i have to say the craftmenship u have done on the king outstanding keep up the great work cant wait to see the all done

thanks Popeye , yup almost there :)

thanks Sjors :)

thanks Joe , the pleauser was all mine , i have learned a lot workign on here , most of all i think having patience and nto be satisfied with something i know i can do better

thanks Anja :) . and yes i will replace it , the breaks are too obvious even if the fix holds.

thanks dragzz.as a second build i think i havent done too bad :)

adrieke u have done great job for just your second build i have no more to say but outstaneding job

Sweet work, indeed, Adriaan.   If you hadn't pointed out the breaks, I wouldn't have seen of them.   That seems to be one of those things in ship building... masting and fixing the broken masts.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

thanks Mark. hopefully I l be spared of any more breakage :|

cabling on one side is all done, as is the little mast and flag. I have now started on the railings on this side

post-622-0-18571100-1386072701_thumb.jpg

I know a few of you are hoping for some pictures with the lights on, but you l have to wait till I have her finished :D

we'll see those lights on soon enough........looks as though your moving rather quickly to the finish.  looks really sweet!   you must be eating your spinach........good boy!!!  :D :D :D :D

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

She looks superb Adriaan

I bet you are over the moon to get her finished

Well done

Now you can really concentrate pn the Gorch Foch

<p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;"><span style="font-size:18px;">Keep it up :10_1_10:</span></span><span style="font-size:18px;font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;"> </span></strong></p>

<p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;">Mick</span></strong></p>

<p> </p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;">Current Build --- Will Everard --- </span><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3636-will-everard-by-micklen32-billing-boats-167/'>http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3636-will-everard-by-micklen32-billing-boats-167/</a></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Current Build --- Endeavour --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2804-hmb-endeavour-by-micklen32-occre-154/'>http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2804-hmb-endeavour-by-micklen32-occre-154/</a></span></p>

<p> </p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Completed --- Guitar --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://micksjem.blogspot.co.uk/'>http://micksjem.blogspot.co.uk/</a></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Completed --- Barcelona Taxi --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://micklen-taxi.blogspot.co.uk/'>http://micklen-taxi.blogspot.co.uk/</a></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Completed --- London Tram --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://micklen-tram.blogspot.co.uk/'>http://micklen-tram.blogspot.co.uk/</a></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Completed --- OcCre Mississippi --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1803-spirit-of-mississippi-by-micklen32-occre-180-a-hopefully-accurate-rendition/'>http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1803-spirit-of-mississippi-by-micklen32-occre-180-a-hopefully-accurate-rendition/</a></span>

thanks Popeye :) . the reason i can go quicker now is because i have already prepared most of the parts almost a year ago

thanks Mick, yes i l be happy when i finish her. then i can finish my other project (stagecoach) while workign on the GF

adrieke u are so close to be done but iam so far away lol i got to redo the holes on the deck 3 so that that thay are right on for the for the poles on each side not to sure what to do there so if u have a tip for let me know tys

dragzz , i remember at first ,like you thinking the holes wherent lined up but its actualy the hole top deck that needs to move

if you get the full scale plan you ll see that at the back end the 2 decks shoulc be directly above eachother so that the poles are verticaly

in my kit they didnt and i had to cut the slots of that deck so it will slide backward a bit. when you do that the 2 holes for the steam stack will line up

when i am home i ll see if i can dig up some pictures thta show what i mean

id like that very much it would help me to understan whats going on there tys

hello Dragzz

look at this picture the back off deck 2 and 3 need to be right above each other

post-622-0-01366700-1386160250_thumb.jpg

when you fit the 3rd deck on top of the 2nd deck stateroom with the pre cut slots you will notice that the 3rd deck doesn't line up at the back and is a bit forward. if you adjust the pre cut slots till the decks are equal at the back you will see that the 2 holes for the smoke stacks will line up too as will the holes for the slanted poles

Edited by Adrieke

good progress today with the railings and the cabling

post-622-0-26317700-1386160609_thumb.jpgpost-622-0-39009700-1386160615_thumb.jpg

I think I will only just get by with the supplied white 0.15 thread for the cabling. which meant there wasn't enough because I would also needed it for the little bit of rigging. for that I used some tan thread from the GF kit