Badger Airbrush Co. is making a special offer for a limited time.  This offer will be repeated again - watch their Facebook posts - in case I don't get them posted.

Read the info in the box below - note the dates and the requirement that orders from outside the US will need to respond to the email that will be sent upon receipt of the order - limited time to respond.

Badger is making this offer because they have not and will not be attending any shows during 2021.  The prices shown are what the products would sell for at the shown - prices include shipping & taxes (except foreign supplemental mailing charge). 

Note the compressor prices - many here have been shopping for a compressor.  I have the TC910 unit and it is quiet and will handle any airbrush.  Also have the TC908 and it's pretty darn quiet too.

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/Special_Offers.asp

NonCon20202021header.thumb.jpg.7e2a2006396dd1479e28af2e699464b7.jpg

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/images/NonCon20202021header.jpg

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

I have a question from way back when Badger was about our only choice.  The small compressor was just the pump and pulsing was written about as a problem. 

The prices now seem to make this not economical, but  would patching in a portable air tank ( remote tire inflation )  reduce the pulsing?  Would an in-line pressure control valve give more control?

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers

Thanks for passing this on, I’ve been considering an airbrush for quite some time now. These prices seem hard to pass by; I suppose I should do some fast research and see what a good setup would be.

1 hour ago, Jaager said:

I have a question from way back when Badger was about our only choice.  The small compressor was just the pump and pulsing was written about as a problem. 

The prices now seem to make this not economical, but  would patching in a portable air tank ( remote tire inflation )  reduce the pulsing?  Would an in-line pressure control valve give more control?

Actually the hose if of adequate length does a good job of removing pulsation as a problem.  The test is - take the hose off the compressor and if it doesn't have a tank there will be some pulsation evident.  Reattach the hose and w/o an airbrush check the air flow from the hose.  The pulsation should not be evident.  This works better the longer the hose, but the 6 or 10 ft braided hoses work fine (not at all sure using the thin plastic hoses).  If there is pulsation evident from the end of the hose then adding a tank can help.

In all my years of airbrushing using a decent air regulator off the compressor like the photo below with a 8 ft hose I have never had a pulsation issue regardless of the airbrush being used.  The regulator acts as an in-line pressure control valve and I would never attempt to use any compressor for airbrushing w/o a pressure regulator.  Don't use a regulator in-line closer to the brush but some do but my set up is compact and easy to adjust at the compressor.  

tc908.jpg.35307e5b6a35cec9ba66df924ce0d055.jpg

I now use a TC910 - below that has a tank but I got it more for the slightly extra capacity than for a tank.

1865133096_ASPIRE-TC910.jpg.ac57d235af3700531666f5ce61366251.jpg

If you have a pulsation issue putting a storage tank in-line would solve any pulsation issue. 

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

1 hour ago, VTHokiEE said:

Thanks for passing this on, I’ve been considering an airbrush for quite some time now. These prices seem hard to pass by; I suppose I should do some fast research and see what a good setup would be.

There will be two more dates for this offer - but stock can be an issue - if you need more time.    7/30 to 8/2  and then 8/6 to 8/9 - same prices if the item you want is available.  They will sell out of some of the more popular items. 

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

That is a good deal. For the stuff we do and as a newbie, I think the patriot airbrush seems best to me (along with the TC-910)

What are your thoughts Kurt?

Richard

Current Build: Early 19th Century US Revenue Cutter (Artesania Latina "Dallas" - messed about)

Completed Build: Yakatabune - Japanese - Woody Joe mini

Member: Nautical Research Guild & Midwest Model Shipwrights

Can't go wrong with that combo.  Being a double action brush you must practice more than with a single action brush - but it is a lot more versatile than a single action.  Like any tool - you are not a master with it in 10 minutes.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Richard:

Congratulations!  You will enjoy them.  Before you use the airbrush read the instructions what little there are - but familiarize yourself with the terminology and feel of the brush in your hand.  Be advised that they are usually shipped with the needle retracted a bit so if you try to spray w/o checking it over you will not be successful in spraying!  Also, shoot some water into a towel or rag just to get the feel of how the trigger movement affects the spray as well as changing the pressure up and down to get a good spray pattern - always try to use the minimum amount of pressure to get a good spray pattern.  I haven't used anything higher than about 18 psi and most times shoot at 12 to 15.

Glad to see the high roller trigger was included on your brush.  It adds a lot of control over the old short trigger.  The nice thing is that it is available and interchangeable with all of the Badger triggers on double action brushes (with a very few exceptions).  I have added them to all of mine that didn't have them originally.

The paint affects how much pressure you need.  Be sure to read up on how to judge the paint's viscosity for spraying suitability - I will provide a reference here at the end.

This video by Badger's President is a bit long but with the 101 booklet and this talk you will be well prepared to practice and get going.

https://youtu.be/tsW-vN0_lHw

Good luck

Kurt

Badger - UltimateAirbrush101.pdf

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

SESSION 2 HAS STARTED.  July 30 to August 2.  Same offer as first post here.  Limited time.  Again August 6 to August 9.

After this it's go to the shows to get these deals.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

1 hour ago, mtdoramike said:

but like my wife always points out "you need another hobby like you need another hole is your head" hahaha.

Funny how so many of our wives seem to know each other…..

Yeah, you would think after 47 years she would know better, but she still sends me to the grocery store with a list hahahaha. You would think by now she would have realized that dog won't hunt, but God bloess her for trying though. It kind of reminds me of that saying "the very definition of insanity is doing the same thing, the same way and expect a different result".   

They all go to classes together.  They do it under the cover of going to the washroom together when out with the husbands.  Always go in pairs - rule of the classroom.  All public restrooms have a white board with the sayings to memorize written out.  How else can you explain how they all say the exact same thing to us?

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS