Feature Suggestion

Go to solution Solved by Blue Ensign,

It would be a convenience to have right- and left-scroll buttons added to the individual photos in the Gallery at the top of the MSW forum page. This way, one doesn't have to exit the photo currently being viewed to look at the next one in the series.

Terry

These arrows don't appear for me when I maximise the gallery images....so I can't navigate them - not sure why this is....I wonder if Terry is experiencing this same issue?

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

• Solution

Aha! Thanks B.E. - much appreciated!

hamilton 

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

B.E.'s solution works and that's a plus.

However, the fact that the image folder's name is an active link was totally unknown to me and, obviously, to other members.

I still think it would be more useful and intuitive if the scroll arrows were active as soon as you enlarge a gallery image. Why not move this feature up one layer so the casual viewer can scroll through all the images that are in the Gallery ribbon?

Alternatively, include some kind of label or tool tip that alerts (new) users that you can scroll a particular album.

Or do both. Reserve the large, really high-resolution images for the folder view.

Terry

On 8/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, CDR_Ret said:

B.E.'s solution works and that's a plus.

However, the fact that the image folder's name is an active link was totally unknown to me and, obviously, to other members.

I still think it would be more useful and intuitive if the scroll arrows were active as soon as you enlarge a gallery image. Why not move this feature up one layer so the casual viewer can scroll through all the images that are in the Gallery ribbon?

Alternatively, include some kind of label or tool tip that alerts (new) users that you can scroll a particular album.

Or do both. Reserve the large, really high-resolution images for the folder view.

Terry

I'm sort of with you and what you mean, however, we don't write the software and are bound by any limitations.

I also did not find the arrows immediately, and for a few weeks was frustrated that I could view one image in a gallery, but not the whole gallery.  I didn't even realize you could get to the main album for a picture for a while either.  You have to hover your cursor over the popup text and find the unadorned text in the title that is the link to the gallery.  One of the current ones is just the word "Tom".  It would be nice if the entire text string "From the album: Tom (12 images)" were a link to the album instead.

Tim

Current Build:  Swift Pilot Boat 1805 (AL)

On Deck: Triton Cross Section, Harvey (AL), Falcon US Coast Guard (AL), Flying Fish (Model Shipways)