Free hull form creation training workshop

Thank you Richard! it is wonderful....

Happy New Years my friend...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Likewise, many thanks Richard. This may spur me on to spend some time to learn Rhino enough to make the move from F360 before my trial period runs out.

Re' sound - I just had to change the audio source in VLC. No doubt if I could find the controls for source in media player the same would apply. One of those mysteries of software for which life is too short for solving!

Current builds:

1) HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller)

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/23247-hms-victory-by-kevin-the-lubber-heller-1100-plastic-with-3d-printed-additions/

2) Bluenose II 1:100 (Billing) - paused, not in the mood

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/30694-billing-bluenose-ii-1100-no600-by-kevin-the-lubber/

3) Cutty Sark 1:96 Revell

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/30964-cutty-sark-by-kevin-the-lubber-revell-196

Stash:

Revell Cutty Sark 1/96 (a spare for later)

Revell Beagle 1/96 (unlikely to ever get built!)

Revell Kearsage 1/96 (can't wait to get started on this)

Revell Constitution 1/96

If at first you don't succeed, buy some more tools.

6 hours ago, Greg G said:

Thank you very much Richard .

I download the file  and it all work fine. I did have to download VLC media player to get the sound as the windows 10 media player would not play the sound recording .

That maybe just me  .The  recording is a big help to me on doing the Pevensey hull .

Greg

Hi Greg,

Sound was fine for me, but i'm a Linux user.

Yes VLC is one that works, it may not on some PC's as you might not have the right Codecs but I am not responsible for that and have spent enough time on this already, it took me half a day to edit and render out the different versions. It is edited because if I did not you would be downloading 10GB.

Hey guys,

Can anyone (other than Richard, who has spent enough time on this already!) answer this for me please?

When I play the file within Dropbox, it is the edited version that runs for approximately one hour, however if I download the file, it downloads as the unedited 4 hr 40 min version. Any clues as to why this is so and/or how to download the shorter, edited version? (I'm using a Mac, in case that makes a difference).

BTW, thanks to those who suggested using VLC - that fixed the sound issue I was having.

3 hours ago, gjdale said:

Hey guys,

Can anyone (other than Richard, who has spent enough time on this already!) answer this for me please?

When I play the file within Dropbox, it is the edited version that runs for approximately one hour, however if I download the file, it downloads as the unedited 4 hr 40 min version. Any clues as to why this is so and/or how to download the shorter, edited version? (I'm using a Mac, in case that makes a difference).

BTW, thanks to those who suggested using VLC - that fixed the sound issue I was having.

Ok, the file that plays in Drop Box is time limited by Drop Box... It is NOT the edited file....

The Edited file Richard pointed out MUST be downloaded... It requires a full featured video player to play it... The Standard that all Video players are compared against is VLC...  You get VLC from Videolan.org and it is open source and runs on all known platforms... Download, install and play... Seldom will you need to download anything else to play most video files and VLC can play them all... IT is FREE, they ask for a $5.00 donation but It isn't needed and they don't force you to choose not to... The best video player available bar none...

Thank you Richard for taking the time to do this AND edit the file to make it more internet and computer friendly...

I've done video editing for decades, there is a lot more to it than just recording it...

EG

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

• 10 months later...

Yesterday I had the opportunity to watch the video of the online course. Afterwards I tried to represent a 2D reconstruction, which I have done in Autocad 2014, with Rhino. Enclosed is a screenshot of my first attempt. Next I have to extend the stern accordingly.

Many thanks to @Richard Dunn for his cursus, which was a big help for me to go my first steps with Rhino 7.

image.thumb.png.179e2cd6c0094f7ce83d5a73d2df8c27.png

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali