Hello from Escondido, California

Coyote_6

I enjoy building models of many types, but U.S. Navy ships and planes are a passion.  Plastic car and truck kits are fun, but historical models require an attempt at period accuracy, at least from my perspective.  I have been surfing modelshipworld.com this month and have learned quite a bit already from the membership.

My impetus for joining is the Constructo Prince de Neufchatel in 1:58 scale, which has been in my shipyard for over 20 years at this point.  She is my first wooden ship model and I have just started making progress on her again.  Also in drydock are a couple of 1/700 plastic kits (USS Belleau Wood, LHA 3 and a “modern” USS Missouri, BB 63).

I built as a kid and enjoyed imagining myself Captain of the project of the week.  As an adult I try to capture the historical feel of the ship and always learn a great deal researching my builds.  I really only have two finished ship models (both plastic) at this point – Revell’s 1/535 scale Missouri in Measure 22 camouflage, and Italeri’s 1/720 CVN 71 Roosevelt.

I look forward to spending time with you folks, learning new things, and finishing better models.

Especially the Neufchatel!!  ;)

Regards,

Steve

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

:piratebo5:The place to be!!! Welcome Steve.

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

Steve,

Greetings from Santee. :cheers:   For more face to face interaction, I will refer you to the San Diego Ship Modelers Guild.  We are an NRG charter club whose info can be found on the main NRG site.  We meet on the ferry BERKELEY (Maritime Museum of San Diego) the second Tuesday of each month (today).  If interested, please IM me.

I regularly direct SDSMG members to MSW.  I rarely get the chance to send folks in the other direction.

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

Hey Steve, Welcome to MSW!  Looking forward to seeing your model ship builds as time permits.  Start a log and start taking some pics!

Best regards from the East Coast (Roanoke Island, NC),

BT

Hi Steve, Welcome aboard this fantastic forum. Please start a build log, its the best way to ask and receive advice and answers.

Ken

Current Build

HM Alert - 1777 - Vanguard

Next Build

Fair American - Model Shipways

Completed Builds

18TH Century Merchantman Half Hull Planking Kit - NRG

San Juan Felucca - OcCre

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanks for the kind welcomes everyone!

Steve