1936 Rolls Royce Phantom III by CDW - Revell - 1:16 scale

CDW

On 12/13/2022 at 4:45 PM, CDW said:

Those Plastruct elbows could work a trick, though.

Yeah they would, you only need the od size for the tubing.. It becomes a simple plumbing problem after that and solid as well... 

From what I can find the exhaust was made of thinwall stainless and had simple swage connections... they drop off the front 90deg straight down till they clear the fan arc then angle at 45deg towards a central collector mounted somewhere around the front cross member then another 45deg into the collector... From there the single exhaust pipe runs to the rear.... Very difficult to find pics of the real deal though... But I believe they didn't have a dual exhaust variant for these so it makes sense...

Those plastruct elbows solves this problem perfectly....

Thanks Andy for the link.... 

One of the things I love about this site if there is a solution someone knows and is willing to share........ 

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

26 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Yeah they would, you only need the od size for the tubing.. It becomes a simple plumbing problem after that and solid as well... 

From what I can find the exhaust was made of thinwall stainless and had simple swage connections... they drop off the front 90deg straight down till they clear the fan arc then angle at 45deg towards a central collector mounted somewhere around the front cross member then another 45deg into the collector... From there the single exhaust pipe runs to the rear.... Very difficult to find pics of the real deal though... But I believe they didn't have a dual exhaust variant for these so it makes sense...

Those plastruct elbows solves this problem perfectly....

Thanks Andy for the link.... 

One of the things I love about this site if there is a solution someone knows and is willing to share........ 

I was disappointed to find out my regular web suppliers don't carry the Plastruct elbows. Plastruct website requires a $25 minimum order, with a $15 shipping fee. After taxes, it's close to $50 for a dozen or so elbows. I'm going to ask my local Hobby Town to order the elbows with their next resupply order. I think the packages of elbows retail for around $4 each pack of a half dozen. 

Just now, realworkingsailor said:

Thanks! That's certainly much better. No minimum order required, but the 45 degree elbows are not in stock right now. I'll probably be better off having HobbyTown order them for me for the time being.

There is always Model Builder Supply...

https://modelbuilderssupply.com/elbow/

Looks like they have a complete selection....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

• 1 month later...