hello -old shipbuilder signing in for first time

manning16

Hello all.. my name is John..I'm a member of the Naples ,FL shipbuilders club.   At age 74, I'm one of the youngest!  I've been building ships since 1990. I also live in northern New York, which brings me to my request. I am presently building model Shipways Confederacy. I noticed Trussben 's  Confederacy build and that he is in Queensbyry..I would like to contact him as my daughter and family live in Glens Falls.  I live in Malone in the summer.. Hopefully he will see this post.We are here in GF, but back to FL Thursday. Thanks in advance.

Hi, John. You can send a private message to any member simply by hovering your cursor of the member's username or avatar, then selecting the 'message' option at the bottom of the pop-up window.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix

Thanks all..not a big computer user,but I always have some ten year old grandkid to help me..   I've noticed a paucity of scale resin figures for various  period ships..usually odd scales..having said that, my nephew has six 3D machines going, producing resin stuff..he is a professional model builder..we had a discussion about  creating some ship figures for my confederacy build..I'm in NY today, but going back to FL tomorrow  .I will send him some drawings and see how it goes..he says he can make scale figures..

All the best,

John

:sign:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                Hannah Ship in a Bottle -1:300  The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,

The Mayflower-Amati-1:60

Current Build:   1972 Ford Sport Custom

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

Hi John and welcome to Model Ship World.  I often hear of modelers looking for certain 3D printed figures for their models.  A good source of some figures is Vanguard Models, whose owner is a member of this site.  I believe there is a good market for 3D scale figures.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

John, I'd be interested in USS Navy figures from the 1870 to 1880 time period in 1:120 scale. Please PM me if your nephew is interested in taking on said project regarding price etc etc.  

:722972270:

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

:piratebo5:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Welocme aboard John,

It was a great pleasure chatting on the phone John, including my very minor and your major driving experiences in auto racing.  I look forward to meeting at an upcoming Naples area club meeting.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi John, Welcome to Model Ship World.

Current Wood Builds

HMS Victory Cross Section 

Future Wood Builds

18th Century Longboat-Model Shipways

America Cup Endeavour Kit-Amati

1/50 san Fransisco II Cross Section- Artesania Latina

1910 American Fishing Schooner Elsie-Model Shipways

1/100 Korean Turtle Warship

On 1/2/2023 at 8:17 PM, allanyed said:

Welocme aboard John,

It was a great pleasure chatting on the phone John, including my very minor and your major driving experiences in auto racing.  I look forward to meeting at an upcoming Naples area club meeting.

Allan

Allan..thanks for the kind words...my car is still being raced, but I'm retired from the sport with all my body parts intact...yes, our  meeting was very informative, with Ricardo from Model Expo!  Worked on the quarter galleries for my Confederacy..  Mr Passaro is to be copmmended for his great work.

See you at the next mtg.

John