Scharnhost by Javlin - Trumpter - 1/200 - PLASTIC - Operation Paderborn - Kriegsmarine

He's back!  Looks great Kevin, very crisp work on the PE there.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

• 2 weeks later...

Not a lot to report been let's say busy fixing cars,baseball MS my nephew's team is in town and just work.I have about 3 hours thus far in these launches and two more to go with the rails in the back  to which covers will go in play on atleast one.The rails are my handy work.;)

scharnhorst 001.JPG

scharnhorst 002.JPG

Thanks for the likes and looking in.The launches are basically finished need to give the one out front some more TLC.The bare launch in the middle I am thinking of rolling up a tarp towards the front of the cage since she came out the best might as well show it off.The launches were bare bones except the props life preservers and metal falls on me.;)

scharnhorst 001.JPG

scharnhorst 002.JPG

• 2 months later...

I was locked out of the forum for a couple months but finally had one of the mods send a temporary password to Mike (landlubber Mike) who passed it on to me on another forum or sister forum.I have been working her over some will just post the latest pics.I had to take a break in the last month which brought me over to a Flak 88 and a turd of a kit :P a 1/72 Heller Bloch 174 for some reason I just could not send it to the trash can??The wood is on it way to being finished put an oil finish on it I get locally delivered in from Vicksburg MS stuff is really good.I give this some time to dry out maybe another coat either way once dry then goes the varnish and once hard polish it out with steel wool and lastly a fine automotive polish for paint.;)

scharnhorst 001.JPG

scharnhorst 002.JPG

scharnhorst 001.JPG

scharnhorst 002.JPG

scharnhorst 003.JPG

Glad  you was able to get  back  on   -  loving the  work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Looking great Kevin, lots of progress!  And welcome back!  :sign:

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Not a big update but small tedious update to the cranes.Trumpter did not have anything for crane operator to work from so I fabricated it from some 1/350 PE and some crank handles from the search lights in 1/200 for the steering wheels.All I need to do now is paint and rig the cables.;)

scharnhorst 001.JPG

scharnhorst 004.JPG

Posted (edited)

The deck is now glued in markings placed the Trumpter  swastikas were 1/32" basically I made these @ 1/16" 2x wider and they still look just a tad thin??The base is well on it's way to to getting finished the SS's are not glued ATTM everything can still come apart.The plexiglas comes in next week for me to cut and assemble hoping all goes well there.The crane is finished for one side now just need to rig the other I did have to add a roller not included to get close to the original design. ;)

scharnhorst 002.JPG

scharnhorst 001.JPG

scharnhorst 003.JPG

Edited by Javlin

• 2 weeks later...

I have just about have the foredeck complete the chains are a Nice add but the mods will....lets say had abit of a cuss factor..I had to walk away.I finished it up this morning without a bit of fuss.I had to add a collar that the chain/anchor slide through some .030" rod bent around a .060" rod.I then added the smaller securing chain looping some .010" through the end twist,bend 90' and inset into the deck the chain was left over from the Schnell Boat 72 links per/inch.You will also notice the Swastikas  have been updated to a more acceptable size no more sticks.I was not able to address the location of the right/green capstan it's a mirror image the setup is exactly like the left/red a Trumpter mistake  Paul a French builder saw and I saw it but I thought my wooden deck fix it the capstan needed to move about 1/3" left it is what it is.I am just glad I caught and made some mods to the chains/anchor. ;)

scharnhorst 001.JPG

scharnhorst 002.JPG

scharnhorst 003.JPG

Nicely done Kevin!  Those cranes are fantastic by the way, great job!

Mike